Anya The Protector

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew I had to share this story.

Last night when Brian got home from work, I was cooking dinner and Anya was curled up in the living room. I don't know what inspired it but Brian and I ended up being goofy and he was chasing me around the apartment and I yelling and running from him. We ended up in the kitchen where I was standing at the stove checking dinner through the oven door when in walks Anya through the kitchen door ever so slowly.

She was a giant poofball with every hair standing on end. She checked out the situation, looked at me to make sure I was okay, and then finally relaxed as she walked over to rub on my leg. She then walked over to Brian and gave him a light pop on the leg with her paw before she rubbed up on him too.

She thought he was really trying to hurt me. My little protector.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go sweet Anya
Yea for you for putting Brian in his place. Noone messes with your meowmy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Aww, she loves her mom! Love how she popped Brian one!
Yeah, me too. I've been trying to teach her how to pounce on him on command in the mornings to wake him up. It's a work in process.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Yeah, me too. I've been trying to teach her how to pounce on him on command in the mornings to wake him up. It's a work in process.
Oh that's easy. Go buy a clicker from Petsmart, then every time she pounces on it click the clicker and give her a treat. Eventually she will work out reward with the pounce. I'm sure that Brian would love it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Oh that's easy. Go buy a clicker from Petsmart, then every time she pounces on it click the clicker and give her a treat. Eventually she will work out reward with the pounce. I'm sure that Brian would love it.
Excellent idea! And then once Brian is shaken enough...
away goes the clicker. And I'm the innocent party.
And he can never be angry at his Anya.