Can you spot a "Designer" mutt from a shelter mutt?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 57%, wild guesses all. Mutts is mutts - and they are all precious!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
57%
and that Cockapoo (the shelter version) looks just like the one we had when I was growing up.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I did okay. I got a 71%!
Me too ...lol.. I figured the "breeder" dogs to look worse than the accindent s and was mostly right

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Me too ...lol.. I figured the "breeder" dogs to look worse than the accindent s and was mostly right
That's what i figured too.....the "breeder" ones look a bit more uglier to me than the shelter ones

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your score: 85%

I missed the yorkiepoo. Interesting quiz though. Regardless whether they were from a "breeder" or the shelter, every one of them looked really similar. I guess that was the point

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 100%, but I guessed how they rigged the pictures. PM me if you are curious - I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

And I also volunteer for the Humane Society, so I have an advantage.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but on a couple of those, like those sad looking goldendoodles, they both looked bad. But that little Pomchi was sure a cutie.

sphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My score - 0%

I am SO anti designer breeds, but that's another thread altogether!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 42% also- I find it absolutely hilarious that people will spend hundreds of dollars on a mutt, when there are dogs that look exactly the same and will probably have less health problems, not to menion love you more than imaginable, dying in shelters everyday
what fools do with their money

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Designer dogs" ARE mutts - so it really doesn't matter. I get upset over people charging hundreds of dollars for mutts. You can adopt from a shelter and save a life, rather then go buy one from a byb or mill.

I agree with you spynx - I'm totally against any designer dogs - even the cockapoos - they are NOT purebred dogs! And don't talk about the labradoodles! I own a lab and our lab board is very much against these let alone any of the other designer dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

"Designer dogs" ARE mutts - so it really doesn't matter.
Ya that is why I actually changed the title. It wasCan you spot designer dogs from mutts and I changed it to Can you spot "designer" mutts from shelter mutts.