Made a bit of a fool of myself

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was at the pet store this morning, just reading cat food labels, minding my own business, when out of the corner of my eye... I see a spider!!!!! and it wasn't just a little guy either
it was a big 'un (at least to me) of course the strangled cry of fear that I made was heard by 2 teenage stock boys in the next aisle and they came over
now the spider is scurrying at an extremely rapid rate RIGHT TOWARDS ME!!!! cue the "I'm a big baby dance" the boys chased him under one of the shelves and I high-tailed it out of there
let's just say it got my heart pumping
Nothing like freaking out in the middle of a pet store to start your day

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really don't mean to laugh, but the visual that your description placed in my head is priceless.

Did you at least go back for your cat food?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've done that myself - only it's usually involving a bee rather than a spider, LOL!!! Makes you feel like quite the girl, huh??? Hee-hee!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I really don't mean to laugh, but the visual that your description placed in my head is priceless.

Did you at least go back for your cat food?
oh yeah, i had the cart and anybody that got in my way might have needed medical attention

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I've done that myself - only it's usually involving a bee rather than a spider, LOL!!! Makes you feel like quite the girl, huh??? Hee-hee!!!
I just couldn't believe they heard me! I thought it was a quiet strangled cry of fear

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was probably the highlight of their day!! they are probably still laughing at the wimpy lady who was afraid of the spider!!
Oh well!! You won't be the one getting bit!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

That was probably the highlight of their day!! they are probably still laughing at the wimpy lady who was afraid of the spider!!
Oh well!! You won't be the one getting bit!!
You're probably right
Exactly! I couldn't believe they didn't smoosh it!

Originally Posted by eilcon

You handled that well, Katie.
Well, thank you, Eileen. I pride myself on my ability to carry myself with dignity in all situations

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would have done the same thing! I'm terrified of spiders, especially ones that MOVE. If one's just kinda sitting there, it's not so bad, but otherwise.....*shudder*

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Was at the pet store this morning, just reading cat food labels, minding my own business, when out of the corner of my eye... I see a spider!!!!! and it wasn't just a little guy either
it was a big 'un (at least to me) of course the strangled cry of fear that I made was heard by 2 teenage stock boys in the next aisle and they came over
now the spider is scurrying at an extremely rapid rate RIGHT TOWARDS ME!!!! cue the "I'm a big baby dance" the boys chased him under one of the shelves and I high-tailed it out of there
let's just say it got my heart pumping
Nothing like freaking out in the middle of a pet store to start your day
I would have done the same thing! lol, i hate spiders!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cry wouldn't have been a quiet one, I would've screamed at the top of my lungs! I am deathly afraid of spiders!
Oh great, now I feel like I hav one on me!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

At least for once it wasn't me!!
at least I wasn't hitting myself!

Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

I would have done the same thing! I'm terrified of spiders, especially ones that MOVE. If one's just kinda sitting there, it's not so bad, but otherwise.....*shudder*
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I would have done the same thing! lol, i hate spiders!!!
Glad I'm not alone!!
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My cry wouldn't have been a quiet one, I would've screamed at the top of my lungs! I am deathly afraid of spiders!
Oh great, now I feel like I hav one on me!
yeah I had the creepy crawlies all day!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

at least I wasn't hitting myself!

Glad I'm not alone!!

yeah I had the creepy crawlies all day!
You're definitely not alone sweetie! I HATE spiders lol and I have the brown recluse scars to prove it