My cat had kittens!!!Pics!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I could keep them all! Maybe one. Talk to my hubby.LOL. You know how it is with guys. Plus, I already have 5 cats. Speaking of which. Anybody from NC???I'm trying to find homes for 2 of the cats. They are 5 months old and soooooo loving. I'll put some pics, If you know anyone here, ask them if they would like one. Maybe I'll open another thread for them. Here's the pics:

Patches

Boo(Boo-Boo)

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah. One black & white, one mainly black & white with a couple orange patches, the other is a gray tortie(didn't know they existed.Guess now they do
)

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably best to post about them in the SOS section. But I would also post about them on the Petfinder message board:

http://forums.petfinder.com/

Are these the 2 females that are intact?? If so, I have listed below some low cost clinics in North Carolina:

NORTH CAROLINA
Rockingham Humane Society
PO Box 52
Wentworth, NC 27375
336-349-4379
Low cost spay/neuter for pets of low income people.
Triad Spay/Neuter Clinic
Greensboro NC
336-375-3222
Low cost spay/neuter clinic for pets and ferals.
www.triadspca.org Web site

Support our work maintaining this spay-neuter list by telling your friends about our cool cat beds.

Save the Animals
Winston-Salem NC
336-765-6572

Humane Society of Charlotte
2646 Toomey Avenue
Charlotte, NC
704-333-4130
Low cost spay/neuter clinic.

Friends of Feral Felines
PO Box 473385
Charlotte NC 28247
704-348-1578
www.friendsofferalfelines.org
FFF coordinates low cost s-n events for feral cats and also can tell you about local veterinarians who offer low cost s-n for feral cats at other times. Call for information about low cost s-n in your area, feral cat caretaking, or if you need to borrow carriers or humane traps, or if you are a land owner or farmer willing to host displaced feral cats, or if you'd like to volunteer to help.

Humane Alliance Spay/Neuter Clinic
Asheville, NC
828-252-2079
Low cost spay/neuter. Serves 12 counties.

Haywood Animal Welfare Association
PO Box 992
Waynesville NC 28786
828-452-1329 or 452-3751
Takes phone calls Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 am to 4:30 pm. Call for information or to make a reservation for the next clinic. Holds clinics twice a month.

Friends of Felines
PO Box 475
Castle Hayne, NC 28429
910-452-6721
Email [email protected]
For feral cats, spay/neuter clinics are held on Sundays. Call for details and appointments. Friends of Felines is run entirely by volunteers.

Coastal Cat Clinic
Jacksonville, NC
910-938-4515

Second Chance Pet Adoptions
Cary, NC
919-460-0610
Operation Catnip provides free spay/neuter and vaccinations for feral and stray cats.

Spay Neuter on Wheels
central NC
919-481-6655
Mobile van offers affordable s-n for pets and feral cats.

Operation Catnip
Raleigh NC
919-779-7247

They may also have ideas on how to place these two kittens.

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Thanks. Yes, they are the 2 intact females.
Ok....so here is an idea if you cannot pre-adoptive spay/neuter. I would find out what the cost is for the spay and ask the adoptor to pay that to the vet...drop the kitten off at the vet and the adoptor can pick up the kitten after the procedure is done. That way...no possibility that they will become pregnant.

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree with TNR1. They should not be going outside either if they are 5 months or older and intact. You really should try to spay them before rehoming them. Ask a little higher adoption fee to cover the cost. Check out the low cost places that TNR1 mentioned. Please don't let them out though while intact. Also, 5 month and older male kittens run the risk of getting the mother pregnant again or getting one of their sibling pregnant. Not likely just yet but it CAN happen. You are askin for trouble letting them be together and outside

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good new and bad new. Good new: I just scheduled the male an appointment to be fixed on September 26. Bad news: I just scheduled the male an appointment to be fixed on SEPTEMBER 26! That was the earliest I could get it scheduled. Looks like I'll have to bring the girls in. Oh Boy! 1 cat with newborn babies and 3 other female cats all in a shed/house! That's asking for trouble!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna need a TON of feliway to calm the new mama down and keep the stress low!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good new and bad new. Good new: I just scheduled the male an appointment to be fixed on September 26. Bad news: I just scheduled the male an appointment to be fixed on SEPTEMBER 26! That was the earliest I could get it scheduled. Looks like I'll have to bring the girls in. Oh Boy! 1 cat with newborn babies and 3 other female cats all in a shed/house! That's asking for trouble!
Hopefully you can find a new home for the 2 girls...and congrats on getting an appt. for you male.

Katie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tortie,

The ones with colors (black/red) are torties. The ones that are blue(grey)/cream are dilute torties or bluecreams.

At least each of the torties is different enough you can tell them apart!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I just took the mama and babies to the vet. They said the gray one was called a diluted calico. I think it looks more tortie though because it is not patches of color like a calico. The one with orange is definately a cally.

The vet also said that I ought to be greatful. He said the mama is so healthy and has so much milk that she could have very easily had at least 6-7 kittens! Yipes!

They are all females. LOL. Oh boy! My poor hubby, it's just him and the male cat surrounded by 8 females! Of course the male cat won't be very "manly" soon. LOL.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah. I just took the mama and babies to the vet. They said the gray one was called a diluted calico. I think it looks more tortie though because it is not patches of color like a calico. The one with orange is definately a cally.

The vet also said that I ought to be greatful. He said the mama is so healthy and has so much milk that she could have very easily had at least 6-7 kittens! Yipes!

They are all females. LOL. Oh boy! My poor hubby, it's just him and the male cat surrounded by 8 females! Of course the male cat won't be very "manly" soon. LOL.
It's good she is healthy..that way she can take care of this litter so it grows strong and she can be safely spayed and have this be her only litter.

At what age will the vet spay the female kittens?? Any update on the 5 month olds??

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure when they can be spayed. I'm pretty sure I will end up having to give all of them away though so I won't have to worry abou getting any more preggy kitties.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not sure when they can be spayed. I'm pretty sure I will end up having to give all of them away though so I won't have to worry abou getting any more preggy kitties.
There are now clinics that will spay/neuter as early as 8 weeks of age...you may want to check to see if any of the low cost clinics offer this service.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I know there are clinics that will spay sats that young, but don't you think that there sould be some kind of health risk to having them fixed that young???I mean, if it was fine to get them fixed at that age without risks, don't you think all the vets would do it? I mean, how can they go in and alter/remove something that isn't even fully developed yet? I think it's too dangerous. Plus, just because some people will do it doesn't mean it is good for your cat.