Can't they just get along. =/

brittwarwi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 12 week old male kittens, who have lived with us since birth (both neutered). They get along with eachother fine. But my mother decided to bring home a female kitten, who we have named Cordy, and is around 6 weeks old. She hasn't been spayed yet, but we have an appointment with the vet soon.

The boys are being brats. They try to act all bad by hissing at her and trying to scare her away..but they are way more afraid of her, than she is of them. They sniff her and sit around her, but if she looks at them..they hiss, smack and run away from her. It's been 2 days, and neither of them have improved.

Is this normal? I'm assuming they'll get use to her eventually..at least I'm hoping that's how it will go. Any advice?

mylesanthony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Phoenix, AZ in the heart of the city in
It took our youngest (3 months) a good week and a half, two weeks to get along with Billy (4 months) and she is still adjusting to Jessie (9 months) who we got a little over a week ago. Be sure to give your older 2 plenty of attention and make it so they know you arent tradng them in for her.... this was Cobee's (1.5 yrs) biggest problem and he started acting out by attacking the babes. Split them up in different rooms and supervise them when they are together, get some toys and try to play with all 3 of them at one time.... thats how we got our babes to get along.
Good Luck!! And COngrads on the new baby kitty <3

.Myles-Anthony

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by brittwarwi

I have 2 12 week old male kittens, who have lived with us since birth (both neutered). They get along with eachother fine. But my mother decided to bring home a female kitten, who we have named Cordy, and is around 6 weeks old. She hasn't been spayed yet, but we have an appointment with the vet soon.

The boys are being brats. They try to act all bad by hissing at her and trying to scare her away..but they are way more afraid of her, than she is of them. They sniff her and sit around her, but if she looks at them..they hiss, smack and run away from her. It's been 2 days, and neither of them have improved.

Is this normal? I'm assuming they'll get use to her eventually..at least I'm hoping that's how it will go. Any advice?
It does take time to get everyone adjusted to each other...and remember, those 2 boys have been together and you just introduced the girl into the picture.

BTW...were you able to get the mom cat fixed?? I'm glad the boys are fixed.

Katie