And then there were two - Nakita is getting a sister!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookinglass

Russian Blue, you've been holding out on us, what kind of kitten are you getting? Another Russian Blue or something different?
There must be something in the Toronto water since I'm following Tracy (Miss Mew) and also bringing home a kitten.

I was on Petfinder for the last month searching for a potential addition and saw a little face I couldn't ignore. So Rob and I went to the adoption last Saturday to see 'Daisy' - a little beautiful calico kitten. As soon as I saw her I knew I wanted her. At one point Rob was holding her and she was licking my fingers.
She's described on the Petfinder ad as a 'little ball of calico fire'. I'm sure I'll have my hands full!

The rescue had 23 kittens for adoption - all rescued from ONE high kill shelter in Hamilton, Ontario. Can you imagine how many are put to sleep during a typical week/year because of the irresponsible acts of not spaying/neutering your pet.

I'll place an intro thread on 'Daisy' when I bring her home this Saturday. Hopefully Nakita won't be too stressed by the new addition and this will actually help her in the long run. Keep your fingers crossed for me folks!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! I'm sooo happy for you! She sounds gorgeous! I can't wait to see her! I'm sure eventually Nakita will be best friends with her. Are you planning to change her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm not really into the name 'Daisy'. I'll introduce her new name in her intro thread on Saturday. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, you know?
Bad, bad, bad joke.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Yeah, I'm not really into the name 'Daisy'. I'll introduce her new name in her intro thread on Saturday. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, you know?
Bad, bad, bad joke.
Yes that is a bad bad joke! But then I'm laughing! I'm eagerly awaiting Saturday now! Well I'm always eagerly awaiting Saturday but ya know!

andelawhi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neat! I can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures you take of her! (you know all the pictures you post are awsome, right?
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There must be something in the TCS virtual air - everyone is getting a new addition! Its so much fun adding a new furball to the family - I'm sure Nakita will be much happier with a new sister - just like Harley is much happier with Davidson!

Can't wait to see photos - I'm sure she's gorgeous - just like Nakita!

Congratulations!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!!, we'll both have 2 little calico girls!!

My baby Sydney was rescued from the same shelter!!, what rescue group are you getting Daisy from?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations to all three, no FOUR of you!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the little fluffer-nuttin'.
And you'll not only gain a new member of the family - you'll gain a new model for your photography!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on Daisy
I just love calicoes. I am sending {{{prayers and vibes}}} that the other kittens and cats from the high-kill shelter find equally good homes, too.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a new baby epidemic!
What a great "disease" to catch!
I can't wait to see her!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! Good for you! Can't wait like everyone else to see her! Can you post the PetFinder link so we can get a glimpse????

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so exciting!1 Everyone IS getting new babies!! I am sure she is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see her!!
I love it when we get new members to the feline half of tcs!! More pretty kitties to look at! I cna't wait!!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all your comments. I'm beyond excited!!!

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

My baby Sydney was rescued from the same shelter!!, what rescue group are you getting Daisy from?
Really?! How cool is that? The rescue group is Abandoned Cats Rescue.

Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm sure Nakita will be much happier with a new sister - just like Harley is much happier with Davidson!
I hope Nakita won't put up too much of a fuss and welcome the new addition! But I'll admit I'm nervous that the introductions may not go so smoothly.

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Can you post the PetFinder link so we can get a glimpse????
Click here to see Daisy

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LunaLou

Neat! I can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures you take of her! (you know all the pictures you post are awsome, right?
)
Awww....thanks! Glad you enjoy them!

If I didn't already have Nakita I would have brought this brother&sister home:

Look at these two cuties!!