Lex passed away this morning...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been fostering several kittens for the past few weeks. One of which was a very sickly little ragdoll mix named Lex. Over the past few days I have tried everything for him....vet trips,anti seizure meds, fluids, everything...he was just soo ill that nothing really helped
.Lex didn't make it. He passed away early this morning of a seizure about an hour after i took him to the emergency vet and while i was getting ready ready to feed him before class....I opened his cage to give him his pedalyte and food and when i looked in he was completely lifeless..his head was twisted to the side and his little legs were sprawled out everywhere- he had also soiled himeslf.
It was soo sad.I think he had another seizure between his last feeding and this morning.....It was really sad. I did wind up taking him to the emergency vet early this morning (i'm very good friends with one of the vets there)...and the vet said at that point there was nothing else that they could do... He said just to take him home and keep him hydrated and comfortable...so that's what i did. I was really hoping he would pull though, but he was just too sick and weak. We tried anti-seizure meds, fluids, ...everything...he was just too sick. We laid him to rest this morning before i left for class This has all been really sad...but i'm at least taking a little comfort in knowing that I honestly tried everything to save him. At least now he is healthy and happy at the rainbow bridge....

These are my favorite pictures of him....(he had baby food on his mouth at the time)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How very sad for you Nikki
you did everything you could to give this little one a chance on life.

RIP Lex

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry Nikki.
What a precious little guy Lex was. Bless you for showing him such love and care during his short time here. RIP sweet baby

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Nikki,

I'm so sorry about little Lex. To me he will always be a brave kitten who could wear pink and keep his masculinity. Rest in peace, Lex.

Jana

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo sorry about your loss..

Lex was a very sweet and beautiful kitten. He was lucky to have you as a foster mom..

It's soo sad to her this,, and you and "little pink punk" lex are in my thoughts.

Heather

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
condolences on the loss of Lex - your love was certainly the only thing keeping him alive, and he struggled to stay alive for you. now he has been called to our true forever home, and he's happy and healthy again. Enjoy your reward, little lex, i could see what a gorgeous, big boy you would have been, when you grew up enough to fit those ears, so the loss is ours, those of us who are here on earth, and you are Heaven's gain. Toss a falling star down here, to let your meowmmy know that you're okay now

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about poor Lex. Please rest assured you did everything you could for him. You gave him a chance that most people might not have given him. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rip Lex, who is running in perfect health on the bridge right now, looking down and thanking you for your love and care that you gave him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Nikki Im so sorry !!!! You take such good care of the babies in your care, its very obvious. RIP baby Lex.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone. Ya'll have been so kind during this rough time. I started crying a bit when i read all of the kind things everyone had to say about little Lex and I. I love TCS soo much- every last one you you are just wonderful. I'm just glad now knowing that my little pink punk kitty will never have to have another seizure again or go through anymore pain. He was soo miserable the last two days...it was just aweful to watch him go downhill like that. I'm just glad my little baby isn't in anymore pain. Now he can play happily with the other kitties over the rainbow bridge....

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just too sad! Poor little baby Lex...fought the good fight. You truly loved him, and gave all the help you could. Give extra snuggles to the other fosters!

Rest in peace little pink baby.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about Lex.

RIP sweet little angel

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Give extra snuggles to the other fosters!
I have been! They've been keeping their momma company as have my other animals. At the moment Sophie is hopping around everywhere aggervating the girls (blue holland lop rabbit). And Kenzie & Keiko are sleeping. It will be time to feed them again in a few minutes. Till then, Jasmine is up on my lap watching "trading spouses meet your new mommy" with me. It's hard....but at least i have some wonderful furbabies to keep my company. Animals are soo wonderful!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

My condolences. I was so hoping that he would be ok. He was such a cutie, pink face and all. He wasn't even my kitty and I'm so sad
Thankyou Natalie. I really appreciate it. I really miss the little guy. I'm finding comfort in the fact that he doesn't have to go through any more seizures though....I really think he was born with some sort of nuerological problems....there was just always something "off" about him health wise...he was always quite sickly- it was really bad when i first started fostering him...I thought he was going to pass away on the ride to my house, but he made it through that....he held on as long as he could- at least i know when he did pass, he was in my home warm and comfortable....but when he had good days it was really promising...He had a good day before his last seizure...so it was even harder to see him fade so quickly like that. I'm just glad he doesn't have to go through that any more. Thankyou for your condolences.
Have a nice night.