I love computer issues!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at work, and I can't log into a vital system that allows me to do my job. Sometimes I love computer issues, esp on a Monday when I am grumpy.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean!!
My computer has been blacking out and I couldn't figure out what it was. Come to find out the motherboard is going bad! They are on back order at Dell so I have to deal with it! YUCK!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're gearing up for a conversion here, and one of systems keeps going down intermittenly.... I'm not mad about it either!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm at work, and I can't log into a vital system that allows me to do my job. Sometimes I love computer issues, esp on a Monday when I am grumpy.
You have my empathy - I'm going through the same thing this morning. Arrggghhh!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're just stuck with what has to be the most inefficient and incompetently-designed database I've ever had the misfortune of using. There are so many flaws in the system it would take me an eternity to list them all -- chiefly, there's no "find and replace" (or even just plain old "find") function, you're only allowed to use a postal code once (so if multiple customers are all on the same city block, that's just too darned bad), and if you realize you've made an error after saving an entry, you can't just go back and fix it, you have to delete the entry and do it all over again.

The employees all hate the database. The Powers That Be who run the company think it's perfect and refuse to acknowledge any of its many, many flaws. It cuts down on efficiency and every Monday morning the server is down because of some technical glitch. I feel like charging my computer with a sledgehammer and screaming maniacally.

Oh, and to top it all off? My supervisor is completely technologically inept, so every little thing that goes wrong -- with the database or with any other program he uses -- immediately becomes my problem because I know how to turn my computer on in the morning. I think I deserve a cookie every time I don't kill someone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't you know they fixed it as soon as I posted the thread... oh well.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You think your system is from the ice age? You know those blue screens that were in the movies form the 80's that were so high-tech? I am still working on one of those!! Yes it is the yr 2006 and I still havea blue screen!
Actually we are changing systems this week!
wait that mean i will have to learn a new system!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I think I deserve a cookie every time I don't kill someone.
Hon, I work tech support. I know EXACTLY what you mean.

just don't get me started about Law students...