Suckling @ 4 months?

mylesanthony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Phoenix, AZ in the heart of the city in
We adopted a kitten from the humane society who wont stop suckling... we've even gone as far as shutting our bedroom door because he attacks my head and sucks on it until he falls asleep. But that doesnt work cause he cries at the bedroom door all night. I think he thinks Im his mama...he eats cat food, wet food (once a day as a "Treat" and because he was underweight), cat treats, tries to eat mine and my girlfriends food, and tries to eat plenty of other unetable things.

Is this normal? Our other kitten who is a runt doesnt suckle she is very independent and doesnt even like to be held for more than a minute or so. She's a bit younger than him - he's a kitten who would love to be held all day and because he cries so much I have made a makeshift sling out of a sheet that puts him close to my heart and he hangs out in that for most the day especially when Im on the PC or watching movies.

Any advice would be great, comments are good too :p Thanx.

.Myles-Anthony

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your four-month-old was probably taken away from his mother too soon... sucking and clinginess seems to go with that.

All i can advise is, kitten proof the house and give him time... eventually he'll understand you won't abandon him. He may still need to be trained out of eating things he shouldn't though.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MylesAnthony

I appreciate the advice and I will look into getting a snuggle kitty.

.Myles-Anthony
The great thing about the snuggle kitty is that you can put a bottle in it if it seems that your kitten needs some more nutrients.

Good Luck,

Katie