New natural Arm&Hammer Litter at wally world...

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to Walmart to get litter last nite and picked up a bag of 8 in 1 Fresh Results (which we have been using since moving to Texas in Jan 06) and as I turned back around to grab another bag, i see a new Arm & hammer litter right next to it-- Called High Preformance Arm & Hammer " all natural" cat litter. It was twice the price but i put my Fresh Results back on the shelf and said I'll try this this time and see how it compares.

Well I changed cat boxes tonite and its the same stuff as Fresh Results litter except with a horrendous "perfumey" smell. Overwhelming crap. Luckily I still had a bag of Fresh Results that I had forgotten I had here at the house and filled one box with it and the other box with the Arm & Hammer stuff-- Neither of the cats will even go into the room with the Arm & Hammer litter and this used to be their favorite sleeping room.

Im gonna give it a full 48 hours-- if neither cat uses it within that time frame Im throwing the crap out. Ill just have to be out 10 bucks!

Just want to warn those who cant do the fragranced litters do NOT try this. Its very very perfumey!~

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat could not stand any of the Arm and Hammer litter I tried. She literally perched on the box, protesting loudly, as she used it, and refused to cover anything. I put the box in the basement (our building has a recycling program) and never used it again.

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
See- my cats love the new Arm & Hammer, and so do I. I notice a smell when I open it, but it disperses pretty well. My only complaint is the price- I found some on sale for $5.49 a bag and I bought all they had.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some out of curiousity as I had a coupon and a gift card at petsmart. I didn't mind the smell.. but I'm used to fresh step.. It sorta has a light consistency.. I don't know if the cats like it that much but someone used it and kicked some out of the box..Also I found some tracked onto my couch.. So far it seems to working okay, but I think I'll stick with traditional litter.. One clump did crumble a bit but not bad..

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm Well I cant use those types, the Dust from them Set my allergies off, I use Sweat scoop.. I LOVE IT. No Smell to them, and we can use the same litter for prolly 3 weeks.. *When cleaning 2x a day,and refreashing once a week with a lil more* and he loves it!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

hmm Well I cant use those types, the Dust from them Set my allergies off, I use Sweat scoop.. I LOVE IT. No Smell to them, and we can use the same litter for prolly 3 weeks.. *When cleaning 2x a day,and refreashing once a week with a lil more* and he loves it!
If you like sweat scoop you may like this stuff.. It's got the same consistency, though I'm not sure what it is made out of... I tried sweat scoop, thought it was okay but sorta gummy..

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right Now im Using Feline Pine... I like that it turns to saw dust and i can dump the whole thing out..but it doesnt cover Poop smell! i dont think anything will cover a poop smell!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find the Nature's Miracle litter much better than the other 'natural brands' since it doesn't make me or the cat sick, it clumps well, and allows me to change the box in three weeks if the box is scooped twice a day. A sour smell is a hint that the litter should be changed.
Most importantly it is not made of food, just corncobs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Arm & Hammer Super Scoop for my girls and love it. It's a bit different from the new stuff, but i think it's awesome! No complaints here
. It controls odor extremely well. When I have male foster cats in my house that haven't been spayed yet (they're always spayed before going to a new home)- it controls the odor really well too.

I use Swheat Scoop for my foster kittens because it is all natural and non toxic for the curious ones who try to eat it- it definitely isn't my favorite though....it's kinda goey when you scoop it and it doesn't control smell at all.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We use Feline Pine as well and we like it for the same reasons as stated before. It does not track very much and easy to clean and throw away.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have changed my cats to arm and Hammer recently after using Scoop away for 12 years I am beginning to believe that's what gave Bella her lung cancer the dust was so bad(of course I have no proof) My cats have taken to the Arm and Hammer without missing a beat!

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I have changed my cats to arm and Hammer recently after using Scoop away for 12 years I am beginning to believe that's what gave Bella her lung cancer the dust was so bad(of course I have no proof) My cats have taken to the Arm and Hammer without missing a beat!
i havent noticed any dust in any of the scoopable litters
i guess i just dont know what everyone is talking about when they talk about the dust

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

i havent noticed any dust in any of the scoopable litters
i guess i just dont know what everyone is talking about when they talk about the dust
Oh gosh when I poured it it would come right up and I could taste it in my mouth and feel it in my lungs I had to run out of the bathroom many times

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the only brands i have used are tidy cat, fresh step, and special kitty. has anyone noticed dust with those? cause i havnt and i wanna know if its just escaping my attention somehow. im getting ready to try natures miracle so ill hafta see if i notice any with that one.