I'm going to Cedar Point!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio on August 30th and coming home on September 1st! I'm going with my mom, aunt, and a family friend. Has anyone else been there? I love going, because I love roller coasters!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I'm going to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio on August 30th and coming home on September 1st! I'm going with my mom, aunt, and a family friend. Has anyone else been there? I love going, because I love roller coasters!
Oh you are going to have so much fun! I live close enough to Cedar Point that it is a day trip for DH and I, so we go once a year.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roller coasters? Have you heard of the ones at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana? Tops among the wooden coasters!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been there multiple times. Not recently though. Trav doesn't ride roller coasters but I LOVE LOVE them! I am going October 1, the day after my sister's wedding with her and our family. I live about an hour from there but won't be home when you go...

Have fun though!!!!!!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, I've been once and I loved it...until I got so sick from the heat I ended up with minor heat stroke.
But so far, it was the best day of my life...Brandon proposed there in the morning, last year!!!!

les0304

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE CEDAR POINT!! I actually only live about 1 1/2 west of Sandusky, so it's also a day trip for us too. I love roller coasters, so that's the place to go. My favorites are: The Millenium Force, good old Magnum, and the Raptor. Just thought I'd share. You will have an awesone time!!! Have fun!!

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh it is so much fun, especially if you love rollercoasters. Be sure to ride the Millenium Force. There's a green one at the beginning of the park, I think it is called the Mantis. Sooooooo much fun. Luckily I live about 1.5 hours, so I've been lucky enough to go quite a few times...we used to always go in groups from school too.

Go Snoopy! (Is that still the mascot? lol)

Have fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been going once a year around this time for the past several years, and I love it! I used to be terrified of roller coasters, but they finally got me on one, and now I love them! Who knows, maybe someone from TCS will be there at the same time as me..

Some of my favorites are Top Thrill Dragster (only about 13 seconds, and a long wait in line, but it's sooo worth it), Wicked Twister, Millenium Force, and Magnum XL (even though the last few times it's been a bit bumpy).

Originally Posted by gemlady

Roller coasters? Have you heard of the ones at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana? Tops among the wooden coasters!
I've never heard of Holiday World, and I've never been to Indiana, either. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up going sometime. We've gone to a bunch of places!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Cedar Point and I LOVE roller coasters. I live about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. I used to have a season pass, but with my cats at the moment, I had to put my coaster riding on hold for a bit. I have traveled to many parks to ride coasters, including Holiday World. Holiday World has to be one of my favorite parks that I have gone to and yes, they have awesome wooden coasters (The Raven and Legend are fantastic!!). I wanted to go this year to ride the new Voyage coaster, but I figured I will give it a year to break in. That way, next year it will run faster

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my bf went there last year and is crazy about roller coasters, i swear youre all crazy if you ride that yellow/red high thing i think its the millenium force

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Cedar point...it is by far the best theme park....of course besides (disney and universal) ....my mom's side of the family live in akron so we always go up to cedar point when we visit!!

Have fun!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Cedar Point! I live over 6 hours away and I've been there 3 times! I try to go once every other year. My favorites are Top Thrill Dragster (you have to sit in the first seat!), Millenium Force, and Magnum. Have a great time for me!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love Cedar Point, and I've heard great things about Holiday World and their wooden coaster. My favorite roller coaster is still the corkscrew. It holds a special place in my heart as being my first roller coaster. I also love the Raptor! My husband worked at Cedar Point for two summers as an EMT and life guard. He loved working there.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Oooh, I've been once and I loved it...until I got so sick from the heat I ended up with minor heat stroke.
But so far, it was the best day of my life...Brandon proposed there in the morning, last year!!!!
That's awesome! Where exactly did he propose?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back! We had a lot of fun, but I'll admit that this trip (we've been going for several years) was definitely NOT the best.. we always go for the last few hours that they're open on the day we get there.. we only got to ride a few things because the lines were so long.. and Dragster was the worst. My mom and our friend went to do other stuff while my aunt and I got in line for Dragster (mom's friend can't ride it), and the line was actually pretty short, and they had five cars going.. and when we're finally next to get on, it breaks down (really windy). So we stand there for a while, and it's completely dark out (the rest of the park is closed) and we finally get on, and we hear everyone yelling. The train before us didn't make the hill, and was coming back down, and we're freaking out, because we weren't sure if the brakes were working, and we were already locked in our seats, and before that, they kept saying "Check brakes".. so when they unlocked the bars, we left. We kept the other two waiting for about two hours, and never got to ride it.
The next day was a bit better, we ended up getting on Dragster and Millenium first, and towards the end of the day, it was windy, and Dragster shut down. We went to get on Wicked Twister and got sand blown in our eyes, and we only got on Raptor once, because the line got so long (about 45 minutes.. we're guessing because of Dragster being off.. all the lines were at least 15 minutes). After that, we went out to eat, and we were sore. We did have fun (and as always, a bunch of laughs), but the other years were definitely the better ones.