I started school monday!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally went back to school after being out for almost 2 years. Going back was the hardest thing I think I have ever done. I am currently going for Dental Assisting and this first week went very well. We had our first test since the first chapter was really short and I got a B+ on it!
YAY ME! I will be finished in 9 months and I will have to do an externship before graduating. I cannot wait! I am already having so much fun! What did everyone go to school for and are you using your major now at your current job?

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to school for journalism. However I kind of want to change my major. I am hopefully getting this job for a nonprofit organization.
I want to go into that field possibly. I am almost twenty and no where near close to my career goal.

It's a tough goal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I will be 21 in a week and a half and this was a last minute deal. I wanted to go into Medical Assisting but the classes were in the morning and I wanted to keep my job at the daycare.....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! Courtney, thats so exciting that you started the program!

I'm so jeleous - thats what I want to go back for!

I went to a 2 year community college and got my A.S. in Business Management & Administration - I'm using a lot of what I learned in my business & accounting classes for sure - I'm currently an office administrator, and I love it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that's so great! I'm really glad you were able to go
Full-time job and school?? bet you're pretty busy, does Oscar miss his Meowmy?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In January I start college taking a 3 year course in business administration. It's going to be hard, I'm 20 and I graduated high school when I was 17 so I have been out of school for a while too.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not going to school although I would like to. I wanted to go and become a vet tech however the only school in Utah is a 2 year program and costs $35,000 to $40,000 which I can not and will not pay for a job that doesn't pay enough for me to be able to pay that loan off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

In January I start college taking a 3 year course in business administration. It's going to be hard, I'm 20 and I graduated high school when I was 17 so I have been out of school for a while too.
Same here. I was 17 when I graduated high school but I went to college for a year and a half and quit soooooo