4 weeks old...pictures

missy'smomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, they sure are turning out to be sweethearts!! They hear us comming and all try to reach us at once...should I start using a litter box for them, they are a little behind in development according to the kitten link that says what they should be doing at what age. I did offer them a bowl of water yesterday and a few of them lapped up some

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are cute. I like the little playpen for them!

At 4 weeks, a low sided litterbox with clay (non scooping) litter. Also offer them some softened food. If they seem to be a few days behind, I'm sure they will catch up soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missy'smomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah I am sure they will catch up....their teeth are comming in, they are so cute and are starting to play with each other

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually all my kittens copied mom with the litter pan. Just get a cake tin (aluminum foil) to use as its shorter for the kittens to climb in. But if they see mom using a pan, they will do it too.

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are 4 weeks today! I offered some soft food and they sniffed and ran...it was pretty funny!
I also put some KMR in a shallow plate and one was kind of interested but she really didn't try it, though she watched her mom real closely while SHE was lapping it up!
The playpen is quite cool! Mine learned a few days ago how to get out of the (big) box so now I just have a comforter folded on the floor for them to sleep on and they have the run of the room. They pretty much stick to one area but they are getting very active and playful now.
The littlest one, who was a big less in weight then the others is the most adventureous. She is the first one to get out and travel about the room. They have also hooked up just fine with the dogs. So all is ok here in our kitten land!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww there adorable , may i ask a q about ur black kitten? i have 2 black kitten's who are 2 1/2 week's old they seem to have very lighty brown strip's comming through , does this mean they will get lighter or is it just because there black and it's the way it look's with a black kitten ??

missy'smomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know maybe one of us should start a thread about it cause 1 of my blacks looks almost brown as she gets older....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of black cats will have ghost tabby markings in the right light. Just means that one of the parents was a tabby.

Ling was born blue tabby/white with points. She's now black/white but you can still see the tabby markings in the right light and I can still tell a little where the points are - they are much blacker then the rest of the area.

And black cats that spend a lot of time in the sun wind up looking like red/brown from the sun bleaching their coats. That's why those that show black cats, try to limit their sunshine sitting

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens aren't interested in food yet either. They are starting to play which is adorable but still uncoordinated. They are starting to attack the sofa now which I don't know why? They think its fun. A couple have strong legs but the other 2 are still a little wobbly. They still don't quite run, but one made a pretty good attempt last night.

missy'smomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are so much fun to watch.....the grey one is my only boy and he is already beating up his sisters...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy'smomma

they are so much fun to watch.....the grey one is my only boy and he is already beating up his sisters...
Awwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet. Keep those pics coming!!!