Mustang + Alcohol + Ssaturday Night = Big Trouble

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I decide to sleep in this morning. Not so lucky. At around 5:45 this morning, a nasty car crash happened right outside my apartment. It woke me up, I jumped out of bed and rushed to my window. Two cars, one is a taxi. Now, this is a bad interesction... especially if you're drunk. the Mustang apparently ran the red through Sandy Blvd, clipped the cab (going south on 82nd, my guess from trajectories and skid marks) careened off the street, across the sidewalk and lawn in front of my building, hit one of the railings for a wheelchair ramp, flipped at least once (tail over nose) and landed wedged between the railings on the ramp. oh yes, and they took out the large sign advertising rentals in the senior building of my complex.

The cab was luckier. It spun out of control through the intersection, airbag deployed upon initial impact, hit the telephone pole/streetlight in front of my building with the back bumper, and bounced... the cabbie was able to walk away, but went down a few minutes later due mostly to shock and delayed pain. he, along with the four from the 'Stang, were taken to local trauma centers. The front passenger of the mustang was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected sometime during the flip, landing on the grass. Less than a minutes upon landing, the front passenger side burst into flames but was put out quickly. (There's a firehouse only two blocks away. They probably heard the crash.) They got the rear passengers out fairly easily, but had to remove the top of the car to get the driver out. His legs, at least one, were probably crushed.

Don't know if there's fatalities, we all keep hearing conflicting reports. I was interviewed by two news crews, Channel 8 (Portland) and another one... possibly WB or something... Ch. 8 says it'll be on at 5pm, but if it gets cut short by the Emmy's, to check for the later news shows. So if you're watching the news here in Portland or nearby areas, they may show me on there... glasses, short hair... answers to Amanda.

It was a nasty crash... not something I wish to witness again... actual crash or even the aftermath.

For those who wish to pray for all involved, please do. I don't know their names, only that the guys in the mustang were all fairly young (not to mention extremely stupid and drunk... but I'm trying to be nice). The cabbie was new at his job. I talked to his boss who showed up to see what happened. The cabbie has only been driving a cab for two months.

two of the Mustang guys were screaming at some point, but the other two were at least unconscious. As far as we all know here, all were alive when taken from the scene. Don't know if those four will make it... but I doubt they'll touch alcohol again. At least they had better not.

I just got back inside a half hour ago. Was talking to neighbors and such... and I want a nap. I had my camera most of the time and took several pictures. I won't post them here... kinda gruesome. There is some blood, but not all over everything. But out of respect for them and for the queasy stomachs of some folk, I won't post them.

Nap or caffiene... hmmm...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a scary thing to see!!, I hope everyone that was involved is ok!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alcohol and cars are a horrible combination. I can't believe how many people I hear about driving drunk anymore. I swear you just want to go to them, slap them upside their heads and say what the
were you thinking?
When I hear my coworkers laughing about it, I go off and tell them about the things they could've done, like killing someone, including themselves, or someone I knew, and how would they have dealt with that the rest of their lives? Come to think of it, Noone talks about drinking and driving around me much anymore. Hmmmmm Why is that I wonder?

I'm not a perfect angel though, I did do it once and I'm surprised I'm alive to talk about it, that's why I get so upset when I hear someone talk so nonchalantly about it. It's a stupid thing to do and I am sorry I ever did it, will never do it again, and tell everyone I know to call me if they EVER need a ride home if they are to drunk to drive.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine......drinking and driving...........
If you want to risk your life, that's one thing, but when you hurt me or someone I care about, then I'm out for blood!
I will send some prayers for all involved here though.......

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lousy beginning to your day!! Certainly, i will pray for all the victims. i really am glad that the cabbie is okay - my oldest bro. was killed at 4:45 a.m. in oct. 1993(he was on his way to work) by a lady who was d.u.i. and ran the red light - it's so sad that so many of the victims of d.u.i. accidents have no contributing culpability

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why people drink and drive!!
Despite my anger, I hope all the victims are alright..
in November a boy and his friend were driving home, the driver was drunk.. they hit a telephone post and the passenger died. It happened right near my house/school.. it's too bad that these things happen.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

What a lousy beginning to your day!! Certainly, i will pray for all the victims. i really am glad that the cabbie is okay - my oldest bro. was killed at 4:45 a.m. in oct. 1993(he was on his way to work) by a lady who was d.u.i. and ran the red light - it's so sad that so many of the victims of d.u.i. accidents have no contributing culpability
RIP your brother...........

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get seriously upset when people fail to recognize that thier actions affect other people. That goes for drunk driving and a lot of other things too.