I just want to know what other people feed their cats

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup, just want to know about other peoples ideas about their cat foods and how the food has impacted the life of their cat for the better!

* I feedmy babies "Munchkin" and "Tai" Premium Edge Healthy Weight Cat Food- ut may switch to the Finiky Cat Food type cause munchy is picky!

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I fed mine exclusively science diet dry, but i'd started feeding them whiskas wet after they were s/n and their coats are much softer. Since both foods aren't exactly premium I'm a little
at the change. I want to change food but I don't know what is available in the UK *hijack over*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what foods do u want to change from and to?

brooklynkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
one can of "Merrick" wet food split between the two cats per day, and a bowl of "Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul" dry food which they munch on whenever they feel like.

i've been feeding them these particular foods for a few months now, and i've just recently received praise for how "sheen" they are. and it's true, their coats and appetites are great.

they eat ALOT less than when i was feeding them crappy food (had no choice, had a roommate who would only feed his cat Purina One and my cats just started eating it like doritos). the obvious benefit is that they eat less because they are getting quality ingredients and nutrients...and i don't have to buy the food as frequently.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie eats raw and canned... her canned is anything decent from meow mix to wysong to nutro

Zoey eats Natural choice kitten dry and what ever wet and raw shell eat

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danny gets Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea dry and various Natural Balance wet varieties.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For wet foods I feed Jaffa a variety but mainly natures menu and hi life which I can get hold of in the shops here, plus nutro choice pouches, almo nature, cosma, animonda and bozita (plus one or 2 others) which I buy online. He also likes Felix pouches so I keep some of that in and give him that now and again - good if I need to hide a tablet or he's a bit off his food. I won't give him it too often though as I don't consider it a good quality food. Mosi has kitten variety of the same.

Both have a small amount of James Wellbeloved dry - Mosi a bit more than Jaffa since Jaffa's a senior cat and needs his water!

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed my two kittens Eukanuba dry (free-fed) and they share one can of food a day. The canned food is often Nutro, but I'll also be feeding Chicken Soup a couple times a week now that I know they like it. I can't wait till they're older and I have more wet food options to give them. I don't like the idea of feeding an "all life stages" food to a 4 month old kitten so no Felidae, Merricks, Evo, etc.

I personally think my kittens look great. They were scruffy and scrawny when I adopted them over a month ago and now their fur is shiny and soft and they look like the appropriate weight for their structure.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed Purina One Urinary Tract Health for 9 years but recently switched to Royal Canin special 33 because I feel this is a better food. I also added canned food once a day to up water intake because one of my females developed an UTI and my vet felt it was from not getting enough water.

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats are on a raw diet.

My foster kitties get any good quality food that happens to be on sale. Usually Eagle Pack Holistic Select or Wellness.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pudge gets Felidae wet, assorted chunks of raw meats and whole chicken wings a few times a week.

She looks and feels like velvet, and has far more energy than she used to when she was on crappier foods (she was allergic to the corn in them).

My fosters get Felidae dry and a variety of other dry foods (Nothing terrible. The lowest I'll go is a medium-quality food like Iams or Purina One) and wet food a few times a week.

nelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All my cats get Nutro Indoor dry cat food, and they are very shiny, low shedding, just lovely. One was getting too fat, so at my vet's suggestion, I now put out measured amounts of Nutro Wt. Management and "supplement" (that is, "sneak extra to") the leaner cats with Science Diet or Eukanuba (they think the tiny kibble is junk food )

This is working great - Lucy is slimming down and the others are maintaining their sleek good looks.

I have started distributing 1 tablespoon of Fancy Feast (probably not the best choice?) per cat, per evening as a little "spoiler". I think the extra moisture will do them good, but will probably switch to Nutro wet food once this is gone.

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if feed 'Innova Evo Cat and Kitten Dry'

when i got my kittens i wasnt as informed about cat foods and i free fed Authority (Petsmart brand). then i did a little research and decided to switch to 'Natural Balance Dry.'

the results:

their fur went from ruff and dull feeling to silky smooth and shiny. and so much more pleasant to pet and groom. i think it took a few weeks to notice the change. and they eat alot less and are still very very active cats.

then i learned a little more and now they are on their transition to 'innova evo cat and kitten dry' so i dont know the complete results yet. but will post them if i see any difference. most likely the difference might be less poop, less food to eat, and no allergies in the future - because there is no grains.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my 3 on HiLife wet (the girls get the complimentary pouches, Ginger complete pate - supposed to be senior, but he has gone off that at the moment), Ginger gets James Wellbeloved biscuits, the girls get HiLife - Pebbles wont touch James WEllbeloved.I have to feed the fosters whatever wet the rescue provide though, as I can't afford to feed them all on HiLife, but I do pay for HiLife biscuits for them.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For the past several months, my three were on Felidae, but this past month they've been trying out a new food, Orijen. When the bag runs out, though, I'm going with Timberwolf Organics Serengeti, since I've been dying to try it and a local store started carrying it after I bought the Orijen, lol

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed Iams dry - I have 2 rexes - one that is 15; other is 17 and both are healthy - been on Iams their entire lives.

We also have a mixed breed now - she's 1 yr old and is on Iams dry - she's healthy with a good shiny coat.

mongo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been feeding my two Nutro Indoor Formula for quite a while, but recently changed to Hills for Sensitive Skin, because one of mine may benefit from the change.

The Nutro is pretty good food and not that expensive in the scheme of things.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going back to Innova regular, California Natural, and Felidae in the drys.
I tried Timberwolf Organics Serengeti, but none of the cats seemed particularly fond of it.

In wet I've been trying Innova Evo and Eagle Pack of late. Some of mine like those and some don't. The one that really doesn't is overweight and I'm not bothered by him not inhaling all the canned food in sight.

Of course the kittens have been eating pretty much everything I put down, but Boo has gotten diarrhea with every canned food she has eaten so I've pulled all the canned temporarily and left them all to get by on dry for a while.

I don't' think there is anything quite as messy as a tailless kitty with diarrhea!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xXPunkKittenXx

Yup, just want to know about other peoples ideas about their cat foods and how the food has impacted the life of their cat for the better!

* I feedmy babies "Munchkin" and "Tai" Premium Edge Healthy Weight Cat Food- ut may switch to the Finiky Cat Food type cause munchy is picky!
haha that is exactly what I am feeding my cats! I was feeding Healthy Weight since mine are a little chunky, but just this past week I switched to finiky cat since I was finding puke every now and then. Haven't seen any since...although my cats broke into the garbage last night and nibbled on some pizza crusts so I am expecting puke tomorrow.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My healthy babies eat a mixture of Evanger's Pheasant wet and Felidae dry. Gracie's been on that mix since I brought her home and she hasn't had a single problem (knock on wood!) and her coat is basically silky rabbit fur and she's is active and healthy.

Leo was switched from Authority/Petsmart to Science Diet and then we went through no less than 3 holistic foods (let's see...I think we did little bags of EVO, Prairie, Cal natural and Nutro) before settling on Felidae, which seemed to be the favorite (he's picky). He's been having fewer hairballs and vomitting episodes than he used to have. He sheds a little less and the texture of his coat is about the same (it's always been very silky, thick and soft). Both of them also defecate less.

Raphael is an interesting case. He has IBD. He came to me eating a mix of Science Diet dry and grocery brand wet. We immediately switched him to Eagle Pack Duck and Oatmeal, plus the Felidae and a mix of probiotics/digestive enzymes AND metrondidazole (Rx). He did ok on this, but his appetite wasn't great and he ended up losing quite a bit of weight. We switched him to an ALL-WET, grain free diet of Wellness Chicken plus the probiotic blend and twice weekly cobalamin-folate injections and he's put a lot of weight back on and he has stopped vommitting, but he still has diarrhea a few times a day (although now he has the odd formed stool here and there.). His coat is LUXURIOUS. It was dull and rought when I got him and now it is sooooo soft (this happened after theswitch to Wellness) and he's put on (and kept on!) weight. Now, if we could just figure out the diarrhea, we'd be in business.