Guess who fell again *ouch* and this time I can't blame Topaz!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I fell again this morning. Just got back from the grocery. I lost my balance, leaned into the fridge and instead opened the freezer door and down I went. The sack of buns I just bought helped break my fall. (Sigh - squished buns.
)

So now I am sitting here slowing feeling the effects of the fall take over the body.

Did I say OUCH, yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, getting in and out of the tub is a problem.

I think I need my own airbags and a derrick.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yep, I fell again this morning. Just got back from the grocery. I lost my balance, leaned into the fridge and instead opened the freezer door and down I went. The sack of buns I just bought helped break my fall. (Sigh - squished buns.
)

So now I am sitting here slowing feeling the effects of the fall take over the body.

Did I say OUCH, yet?
take a couple Advil now so they kick in before the pain does....

Sounds like more then the BREAD buns were squished... YOUR buns are gonna feel it too.... (sorry, bad joke)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazingly, my "buns" are the only thing that haven't hurt!

Two Aleve are already making their way through my system, but I do miss those prexcription pain killers at times...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, it's true. Your body always hurts worse the day after an injury! My neck and shoulders are especially achy today.

I wish a massage therapist would come to my door. And he doesn't have to be too terribly handsome.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Jan you gotta quit falling!!
But i am clumsy too so I can't say too much about falling doing anything!! Hope it stops hurting soon!!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Jan, poor you. At least your buns (the ones you bought from the shop) will still taste the same, squished or not!

How about a hot shower and then curling up with your kitties?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Truely feel for you.

Saturday night I played get the kitty with Loki and guess who fell down like a log straight on her face - YUP ME - nothing turned black and blue - thank god for carpeting - but my chin is still aching.

Ice bag for the chin and "Advil" for the rest of me - LOL

I think this thing is catching~!!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah Jan that's lousy! Healing vibes coming your way.

At least you have an excuse. I woke up yesterday morning and couldn't put any weight/pressure on my left side around the buttocks area. I couldn't even put my weight on the toilet seat. I have no idea why. I just woke that way and am still in considerable pain today - but it only hurts when I move or sit.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

At least you have an excuse. I woke up yesterday morning and couldn't put any weight/pressure on my left side around the buttocks area. I couldn't even put my weight on the toilet seat. I have no idea why. I just woke that way and am still in considerable pain today - but it only hurts when I move or sit.
Sounds like your Sciatic nerve to me - I get that and it aches like a &*(&(*(

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
so sorry to hear about your fall!
get one of those massaging shower heads - they really do help!
& some rubber-soled shoes!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Hannah! You're going to have to stop making a habit of this! Have a glass of wine or three - that'll make you feel better! On second thought, with your coordination problems, don't move while you're drinking it!!!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been to a doctor lately and told him or her about all your falling? Sometimes that can be a sign of some disorders or diseases.

I hope you feel better... take a nice long hot bath with yummy smelling salts... that always makes me feel better.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think my falls had anything to do with a medical problem. Last time was slipping in Topaz puke and this last time was bad judgement in leaning against the fridge.

Mom has had problems with her legs giving out at the onset of a UTI. She's on a low-dose regime of anti-biotics.

Like I said, I think I need air bags.

I've had sciatica, too. No fun at all.

What? No one has offered to send a good looking massage therapist? *pout*

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You poor thing!!! It sounds like something I'd do...

I actually dropped my phone the other day but managed to catch it before it hit the ground. I told my hubby that I think I'm getting more coordinated because I've been catching things before they actually hit the ground recently, then kicked the ground (does anyone else have that, my toe hits the ground as I'm walking), stumbled, and dropped my phone again and didn't catch it that time....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

What? No one has offered to send a good looking massage therapist? *pout*
I have to get one for myself first. The cats said they would get one for my birthday. When that happens, I'll send him on to you next.