Plane crash in Lexington KY

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a plane crash this morning in my town there was only 1 survivor
Please pray for these people and their families, I know what it's like to have your life change in an instant and my heart goes out to these people.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

There was a plane crash this morning in my town there was only 1 survivor
Please pray for these people and their families, I know what it's like to have your life change in an instant and my heart goes out to these people.
Oh no!
I'm gonna have to call my family in Lexington and make sure everyone's ok.... To my knowledge, no one was flying anywhere

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh My Goodness!!

And I know what it feels like to be on a plane and be afraid just as soon as you get on it that something is going to go wrong!

I will pray for everyone!! On that flight or that knew someone on that flight!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was on our local news in Cincy this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad my neighbor and good friend Holly has been here for the past couple hours her first cousin died on the plane she was 25 years old was in town to attend a party associated with her wedding in a month, her fiance could not come and was in Washington DC...He just lost both parents within the past year.
And they are attributing this crash to pilot error...taking the wrong runway!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGosh!!!!! I will pray that God helps the families of the deceased.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless all those people and their families..........

Jerry and I are flying to Phoenix on the 17th, and I am not looking forward to the trip at all!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a loss for so many families.

Although it is statistically safer to fly than drive, it is most upsetting when we hear of a plane crash. Hearing of so many lives lost at once is shocking to us. But if they started off the new with how many people die in car crashes every day, such tragedies would not be so out of proportion.

And no, I am not insensitive, I work in the aviation industry and have a different perspective than most other people. Flying is only unsafe because of the human factor, which unfortunately sounds like it played a role in this tragedy.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

God bless all those people and their families..........

Jerry and I are flying to Phoenix on the 17th, and I am not looking forward to the trip at all!
Have a safe trip..my husband flies out of here on the 6th...I'm a wreck!!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I don't think it was totally pilot error they are looking at: apparently the control tower tapes will be looked at to determine what events transpired.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

And I don't think it was totally pilot error they are looking at: apparently the control tower tapes will be looked at to determine what events transpired.
Yeah they said they would know tonight but we may not know tonight!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from www.wxii12.com

Former minor leauge baseball player Jon Hooker was among the 49 people killed when the jet crashed.

The former Kentucky baseball player and his wife Scarlett Parsley were on the flight heading to Atlanta. They were married last night before 300 friends and family members.

"It's so tragic because he was so happy last night," said former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison, who attended the wedding.

The 27-year-old Hooker pitched at Kentucky from 1998- 2001. He then signed a free-agent contract with the Chicago White Sox in 2001 and played professionally for Independent League teams in Fargo, N.D., and Joliett, Ill.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

from www.wxii12.com

Former minor leauge baseball player Jon Hooker was among the 49 people killed when the jet crashed.

The former Kentucky baseball player and his wife Scarlett Parsley were on the flight heading to Atlanta. They were married last night before 300 friends and family members.

"It's so tragic because he was so happy last night," said former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison, who attended the wedding.

The 27-year-old Hooker pitched at Kentucky from 1998- 2001. He then signed a free-agent contract with the Chicago White Sox in 2001 and played professionally for Independent League teams in Fargo, N.D., and Joliett, Ill.
That's terrible

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I heard this this mornin
so sad:-(
my prayers go out to their families so sad

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

from www.wxii12.com

How sad.
My prayers are with them and their families.