TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Plane crash in Lexington KY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plane crash in Lexington KY

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
There was a plane crash this morning in my town there was only 1 survivor Please pray for these people and their families, I know what it's like to have your life change in an instant and my heart goes out to these people.
post #2 of 23
That's so tragic And only one survivor! Talk about " There but for the grace of God go i ". I really hope he/she survives.
post #3 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
There was a plane crash this morning in my town there was only 1 survivor Please pray for these people and their families, I know what it's like to have your life change in an instant and my heart goes out to these people.
Oh no! I'm gonna have to call my family in Lexington and make sure everyone's ok.... To my knowledge, no one was flying anywhere
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
My husband is flying out of here next week SCARY!!!
post #5 of 23
Oh My Goodness!!

And I know what it feels like to be on a plane and be afraid just as soon as you get on it that something is going to go wrong!

I will pray for everyone!! On that flight or that knew someone on that flight!!
post #6 of 23
This was on our local news in Cincy this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved.
post #7 of 23
I saw the blurb on my ISP newspage. How big was the plane?
post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
I saw the blurb on my ISP newspage. How big was the plane?
It was a 50 passenger plane...I take this flight when I go to see my sis in FL
post #9 of 23
How terrible My prayers go out to all the families involved.

Here is what CNN is saying about the crash
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/27/plane.crash/index.html
post #10 of 23
Thread Starter 
This is so sad my neighbor and good friend Holly has been here for the past couple hours her first cousin died on the plane she was 25 years old was in town to attend a party associated with her wedding in a month, her fiance could not come and was in Washington DC...He just lost both parents within the past year. And they are attributing this crash to pilot error...taking the wrong runway!
post #11 of 23
OMGosh!!!!! I will pray that God helps the families of the deceased.
post #12 of 23
God bless all those people and their families..........

Jerry and I are flying to Phoenix on the 17th, and I am not looking forward to the trip at all!
post #13 of 23
Such a loss for so many families.

Although it is statistically safer to fly than drive, it is most upsetting when we hear of a plane crash. Hearing of so many lives lost at once is shocking to us. But if they started off the new with how many people die in car crashes every day, such tragedies would not be so out of proportion.

And no, I am not insensitive, I work in the aviation industry and have a different perspective than most other people. Flying is only unsafe because of the human factor, which unfortunately sounds like it played a role in this tragedy.
post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
God bless all those people and their families..........

Jerry and I are flying to Phoenix on the 17th, and I am not looking forward to the trip at all!
Have a safe trip..my husband flies out of here on the 6th...I'm a wreck!!!
post #15 of 23
And I don't think it was totally pilot error they are looking at: apparently the control tower tapes will be looked at to determine what events transpired.
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
And I don't think it was totally pilot error they are looking at: apparently the control tower tapes will be looked at to determine what events transpired.
Yeah they said they would know tonight but we may not know tonight!
post #17 of 23
from www.wxii12.com

Former minor leauge baseball player Jon Hooker was among the 49 people killed when the jet crashed.

The former Kentucky baseball player and his wife Scarlett Parsley were on the flight heading to Atlanta. They were married last night before 300 friends and family members.

"It's so tragic because he was so happy last night," said former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison, who attended the wedding.

The 27-year-old Hooker pitched at Kentucky from 1998- 2001. He then signed a free-agent contract with the Chicago White Sox in 2001 and played professionally for Independent League teams in Fargo, N.D., and Joliett, Ill.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
from www.wxii12.com

Former minor leauge baseball player Jon Hooker was among the 49 people killed when the jet crashed.

The former Kentucky baseball player and his wife Scarlett Parsley were on the flight heading to Atlanta. They were married last night before 300 friends and family members.

"It's so tragic because he was so happy last night," said former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison, who attended the wedding.

The 27-year-old Hooker pitched at Kentucky from 1998- 2001. He then signed a free-agent contract with the Chicago White Sox in 2001 and played professionally for Independent League teams in Fargo, N.D., and Joliett, Ill.

That's terrible
post #19 of 23
I heard this this mornin
so sad:-(
my prayers go out to their families so sad
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
from www.wxii12.com

Former minor leauge baseball player Jon Hooker was among the 49 people killed when the jet crashed.

The former Kentucky baseball player and his wife Scarlett Parsley were on the flight heading to Atlanta. They were married last night before 300 friends and family members.

"It's so tragic because he was so happy last night," said former Kentucky baseball coach Keith Madison, who attended the wedding.

The 27-year-old Hooker pitched at Kentucky from 1998- 2001. He then signed a free-agent contract with the Chicago White Sox in 2001 and played professionally for Independent League teams in Fargo, N.D., and Joliett, Ill.
How sad. My prayers are with them and their families.
post #21 of 23
This is horrible. And to have it happen in your city! I heard about it yesterday morning when I was watching Antiques Roadshow and I immediately thought of TCS and started freaking out, thinking someone from here might have been hurt. I can't believe only one person survived, that's like something from a horrible movie. I'll be praying for the victims families and the lone survivor. I also wish everyone that will by flying soon to have a safe flight!
post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 
My husband just called me and one of his employees...her step father was on the plane too she is at work because she just can't stay home
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
My husband just called me and one of his employees...her step father was on the plane too she is at work because she just can't stay home
So sad that you know two people who have had losses in this crash.

Hang in there!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Plane crash in Lexington KY