Should I take him to the vet?

susie05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know whether I should try to find a solution or just take him straight to the vet. My kitten is about 12 weeks old and he's not eating as much as he used to in the last couple of days. Today I found a very big bump underneath the corner of his chin. The bump is pretty hard and I don't know if this usually happens for a lot of kittens because he plays roughly with his toys and siblings. I'm not sure if it'll just go away by itself or if I should take him straight to a vet to get him checked. I can't tell if it's a bruise or not. I'm not sure if this would go away or not because if it is, I don't want to scare him by putting him in a cage and drive all the way to the vet since he gets scared of new places easily.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would take him to the vet's ur worried and even if it turn's out to be nothing at least u got it checked out , u will fell terrible if it turned out to be something serious and u did nothing , it could be a number of thing's and it could be y he isn't eating as much it may be to painfull , it could be an abcess as u said he play's rough and if he cut himself it may have got infected they feel like a lump to , or it could be something to do with his teeth or it could just be nothing , i would take him up to the vet to be on the safe side let us know how he get's on , hope it's nothing bad

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by susie05

I don't know whether I should try to find a solution or just take him straight to the vet. My kitten is about 12 weeks old and he's not eating as much as he used to in the last couple of days. Today I found a very big bump underneath the corner of his chin. The bump is pretty hard and I don't know if this usually happens for a lot of kittens because he plays roughly with his toys and siblings. I'm not sure if it'll just go away by itself or if I should take him straight to a vet to get him checked. I can't tell if it's a bruise or not. I'm not sure if this would go away or not because if it is, I don't want to scare him by putting him in a cage and drive all the way to the vet since he gets scared of new places easily.
Susie...I would take him in....especially if he isn't eating. Has he received all his shots??

Katie

petkeepr7789

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would take him to the vet. Since you say it is pretty hard I would say its an abcess. This abcess could be bothering him while he eats so may be why his intake of food is reduced. If it is an abcess it needs to be drained!