What is the Most $ You've Spent On..

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

a single can or bag of cat food? Every once in a while I look through the prices of some of them and feel as if my eyebrows are about to rocket-launch off of my face.
I pay 19.95 for a 8 lbs back of my adult food. Blackwood. The kitten food is 20.95 for 8 lbs. I dont feed canned my cats wont eat it but I do feed BARF as a supplement. Which isnt that expensive.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox's Chicken Soup of the Cat Lover's Soul is the most expensive food now but I don't remember the cost.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can 2.99 for a 5.5 ounce...

Dry 15.99 for 3lbs of Evo

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We pay about $38 for the large 17 1/2 lb. bag of W/D. Does anyone besides me ever think about how much extra money you would have if you didn't have these cats??

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

We pay about $38 for the large 17 1/2 lb. bag of W/D. Does anyone besides me ever think about how much extra money you would have if you didn't have these cats??
LOL! My vet asked me once if I wanted to know what I spent with him the previous year. I declined. But one year I went thru receipts to see what I spend in total and it was about $7000 for food, litter, toys and vet care. And that was a year where we didn't have any major illnesses and didn't have new ferals to TNR that year.

I no longer look at prices on individual bags of food. If my brand is on sale I will buy extra. I do know that when I buy food at Petsmart, I never get out of there for less than $100.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was $18 for the 5.5 lb EVO which was a great idea on paper but made my poor babies sick.

I pay $27 for the 20lb Felidae, but that's cheaper by weight than EVO.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i never look anymore. would make me wanna cry, lol maias food is 10.36 for 3lbs which lasts two weeks.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I pay $32.99 for a 15 LB bag of Royal Canin Kitten food, about 1-2 times a month, and then I also get them 3 LBs of the special persian blend which really helps their coats and that costs another $13, 3 times a month. Plus I give my preggo mommas wet food for a treat, they love it. That runs maybe $15 for 24 cans x 2 cats right now. So in one month I probably spend roughly $135 not including tax. I really just quit counting because it is so much....LOL.....

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I think the Royal Canin I consistently get is $11.99 for 3.5 lbs.
Buying the larger size is mre economical...but then I have to drag it a block and up stairs and I never have just one item to bring in...same dilemma as with the 27+lb cat litter. Great bargain...but I hate dragging it in!