What are you reading?

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently started reading "PS, I Love You" by Cecelia Ahern, and wow, it is good! It's a tear jerker, but I love it! I also started reading "Love, Rosie" (formerly "Rosie Dunne", by the same author), and even though I'm not too far, I like it a lot, too. Has anyone read either of these? What did you think of them? Are you reading anything interesting right now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

textbooks, unfortunately!!
I'm doing the same, too.. but luckily, I only have two this semester.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am reading 'the a.b.c. murders' by agatha christie, i think it's my 10th of hers this summer

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm reading "Women of the Silk" by Gail Tsukiyama. It's about a girl named Pei that was sent to work in the silk factories in the early 1900's- it's pretty good!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading "The Husband" by Dean Koontz and a book on ministry with elderly dementia patients. I just finished reading "From a Buick 8" by Stephen King and it was great!

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The Tribe of the Tiger, by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, old but wonderful book. i read it for the second time. This time in Netherlands.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I recently started reading "PS, I Love You" by Cecelia Ahern, and wow, it is good! It's a tear jerker, but I love it! I also started reading "Love, Rosie" (formerly "Rosie Dunne", by the same author), and even though I'm not too far, I like it a lot, too. Has anyone read either of these? What did you think of them? Are you reading anything interesting right now?
I read "PS, I Love You". It was great! I think I am going to pick up "Love, Rosie" since you mention you are enjoying that one as well.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got done reading God's messengers-What animals teach us about the divine. My stepdaughter sent it to me because of Bella being sick and it's very emotional but encouraging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I read "PS, I Love You". It was great! I think I am going to pick up "Love, Rosie" since you mention you are enjoying that one as well.
I'm about halfway through "PS, I Love You", and I really like it. "Love, Rosie" is interesting.. I just bought it the other day, so I'm not very far, but I'm liking what I've read.. it's written as conversations via e-mail/instant messenger and letters between people. It's different.

Originally Posted by Bella713

Just got done reading God's messengers-What animals teach us about the divine. My stepdaughter sent it to me because of Bella being sick and it's very emotional but encouraging.
That sounds similar to "Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort", which was a really good (and sometimes sad) book. Who is it written by?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading a sci book-by alastair reynold called Redemption Ark the sequel to Relvation Space. I like futuristic based sci fi and this isn't too bad.
I just finished reading On Beauty by Zadie Smith.
And Istarted The woman in white by wilkie collins-Barnes & Noble had "classic" books on sale 50% off (their paperbacks)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds similar to "Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort", which was a really good (and sometimes sad) book. Who is it written by?[/quote]

Same people the Andersons and I love Angel Cats too!!!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm currently reading Mattimeo by Brian Jacques for the third time.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished "In the Dark of the Night" by John Saul, and now I'm reading "Break No Bones" by Kathy Reichs. Both are favorite authors of mine and both are good chilling summer reading.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue. Interesting fantasy piece about mythical changelings who kidnap children and exchange places with them. Usually I'm not into fantasy because I just can't keep track of fantasy world things.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. It's a good mystery. I also like to read books by Lee Goldberg, he writes the Monk series and Diagnosis Murder series as well.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently I'm reading Chainfire to catch up in the Sword of Truth series as I've just picked up Phantom, the newest.
Terry Goodkind has one last title to publish before the series ends.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just got to london, and carried a TON of books with me George R.R. martin just came out with A feast for crows book 3 in the Song of ice and fire. So i had to bring the first two with me, cause it ihas been so long i forgot most of it.,,

Also i saw where, once again they are going to try and make a Movie or TV show out of Dragonriders of pern books, I have not seen those books since i was a kid, So i took the first three with me also(finished all three right before i got here)

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I recently started reading "PS, I Love You" by Cecelia Ahern, and wow, it is good! It's a tear jerker, but I love it! )
What a WONDERFUL book, i absolutely adored this. Shes done another as well, Where Rainbows End.

Im reading The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night.