or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Behavior › My cat won't leave me alone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My cat won't leave me alone

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Help.... i am not sure if this is a behavioural problem but it is driving me nuts. My cat recently gave birth and none of them survived... i figure cause she would only push if i was with her and unfortunately had to work so she took too long to deliver. Now she won't leave me alone and keeps making a funny noise and small meows at me. she seems happy but requires constant attention.....Please help me get her to stop! She even makes these noises when she is sleeping and comes running if i even slightly glance at her.
post #2 of 13
I think she is back into heat. You cannot stop this in any way but to spay her. If she already lost a little you know she cannot handle being a mother. Why isn't she spayed yet?
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
This is her 3rd litter and she is siamese so i definately know when she is in heat.. but this is different... she just stays close by me and meows and wants all my attention. She is not spayed yet cause i have had ppl wanting kittens. She is still acting like she is in labor and wants me to sit with her.. its the same behaviour.
post #4 of 13
Has she seen a vet since the delivery? There may be an internal problem that needs looking at, but she can't tell you.
post #5 of 13
put yourself in her shoes. you weren't there for her when she needed you. now she's letting you know she needs and wants you! not to mention she's probably depressed from the loss of litter. if she's showing any other signs of illness or discomfort such as vomiting, not eating, or discharge from the vagina i would contact a vet. she could be suffering from pyometra. unfourtunatly with siamese you have to deal with the neediness and constant attention. I have an ocicat (part siamese) so i can understand where you are coming from. would definatly make sure you can take some time off from work the next time she's due or house her with a vet to keep the complecations down.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper&Simona View Post
She is not spayed yet cause i have had ppl wanting kittens.

Tell those people to go to a shelter or rescue or something. Geez!
post #7 of 13
Yes please tell these people to go to a shelter or a Siamese rescue. What is so special about her kittens? And who are you mating her to? She is telling you something here, if she lost a litter and she is really unhappy I think you need to spay her and move on. There are a bazillion Siamese kittens in the shelters who are in desperate need of a home. Every kitten your cat produces and you rehome means one less chance of those sitting in cold steel cages in the shelter from getting a home.

Have you done health screenings and certifications on her to make sure she isn't passing along any inheritable problems or diseases? I don't just mean a normal vet checkup.

If you spay her you will have a happy kitty. She doesn't need to be a kitten making machine pumping out kittens for your friends and neighbors and family.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Yes please tell these people to go to a shelter or a Siamese rescue. What is so special about her kittens? And who are you mating her to? She is telling you something here, if she lost a litter and she is really unhappy I think you need to spay her and move on. There are a bazillion Siamese kittens in the shelters who are in desperate need of a home. Every kitten your cat produces and you rehome means one less chance of those sitting in cold steel cages in the shelter from getting a home.

Have you done health screenings and certifications on her to make sure she isn't passing along any inheritable problems or diseases? I don't just mean a normal vet checkup.

If you spay her you will have a happy kitty. She doesn't need to be a kitten making machine pumping out kittens for your friends and neighbors and family.
certainly not if she can't take the time off of work to be there for the birth.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
If you spay her you will have a happy kitty. She doesn't need to be a kitten making machine pumping out kittens for your friends and neighbors and family.
I totally agree!
post #10 of 13
She probably thinks you have her babies and she's trying to figure out what you did with them! You definitely should have her spayed. It would have been great if she could have had a few foster babies....
post #11 of 13
Okay you are really lucky your cat didn't die. I grew up on a farm and if a mother has trouble giving birth and they take too long they can die sometimes. And she may have damaged some of her reproductive organs. Mother cats can also get what's called milk sickness, not sure how the vets label it. And its caused from taking the babies from the momma too soon. They can develop infection from it and can die from it. Why inthe world would you leave your cat alone during birth if you knew she wouldn't push without you being there. Thank God you didn't come home to her being dead. So maybe you should take this as a blessing and have your cat completely checked out by a vet and get her spayed. I am sorry if I sound harsh. But honestly your cat's safety and health should come before your friends or whoever wanting kittens. Especially since all they have to do is go to the nearest shelter to find kittens and cats that will die if not adopted. You may think we are coming down on you, but you can manage your own self but its your responsiblity to protect your cat and you are the one putting her in danger. And another thing having kittens is very hard on a cat. Breeding should be left to professionals. How would you like it if someone made a baby maker out of you.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom View Post
Okay you are really lucky your cat didn't die. I grew up on a farm and if a mother has trouble giving birth and they take too long they can die sometimes. And she may have damaged some of her reproductive organs. Mother cats can also get what's called milk sickness, not sure how the vets label it. And its caused from taking the babies from the momma too soon. They can develop infection from it and can die from it. Why inthe world would you leave your cat alone during birth if you knew she wouldn't push without you being there. Thank God you didn't come home to her being dead. So maybe you should take this as a blessing and have your cat completely checked out by a vet and get her spayed. I am sorry if I sound harsh. But honestly your cat's safety and health should come before your friends or whoever wanting kittens. Especially since all they have to do is go to the nearest shelter to find kittens and cats that will die if not adopted. You may think we are coming down on you, but you can manage your own self but its your responsiblity to protect your cat and you are the one putting her in danger. And another thing having kittens is very hard on a cat. Breeding should be left to professionals. How would you like it if someone made a baby maker out of you.
I like your post. Well said. I especially like the last sentence about a baby maker. Some people think that's all their cats are I guess.
post #13 of 13
I think it would be valuable to understand that she is in Manitoba Canada, the only people critisizing that she ius not spayed are from the United States, we have to understand that not all countries share our views yet, and I hope people constructivley try to help the kitty, instead of profess your personal views on the owner. I am all for spaying, but I see so many people seeking help that get insulted, instead of getting helped.

Jen, have you had any change in your scheduele recently? I know when my roommate got put on a case that kept him really busy his cat did the same thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Behavior › My cat won't leave me alone