well that was rude...

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I recently started a new job (which is why I haven't been on TCS as much lately). I sit in an office with three other women and one of them has pictures of her dog EVERYWHERE. She must have about 12 pictures, on her cork board, taped to her shelves, taped to the wall. I admit, he's a cute dog, but she makes everyone tell her how cute he is. Okay, I can live with that. I like people to admire my kitties too. But today I showed her two pictures I keep in my desk drawer of my kitties and do you know what she did? She pointed to the picture of Nedicks on her back showing her belly (actually it's the one in my siggy) and she said, "She's too fat. I don't like her."
Then she looked at Nathan's picture and said, "I like him. He's handsome. The other one I don't like." Again I say

I took the pictures back from her and said, "Well they're both my little babies."

Can you believe it? I wonder if she also tells people their children are ugly.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

Can you believe it? I wonder if she also tells people their children are ugly.
I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Maybe you should tell her that her dog is ugly, and see how she feels.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh! I'd have had to hold my hand from slapping some sense into her! I thin Nedicks is adorable! I love that belly shot! Stupid woman. She's obviously got nothing in her head!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Maybe you should tell her that her dog is ugly, and see how she feels.
She'd probably run away crying and tell the boss 'the girl with the ugly cat said my dog is ugly!
'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

She'd probably run away crying and tell the boss 'the girl with the ugly cat said my dog is ugly!
'

Maybe I should tell her that if she says another mean thing about either of my kitties, I am going to send my too-fat cat to her house to sit on her runty little dog.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

'
Maybe you should tell her one of her pictures makes her dog look ugly. Then you aren't exactly saying the dog is ugly, simply that the picture is ugly.
Or else you could switch all her doggie pictures with the "ugly" picture of Nedicks(which, BTW is really cute! I love tummy shots!
).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could change the wallpaper on her computer to Nedicks's tummy picture, so when she logged into her machine in the morning, the first thing she would see is KITTY BELLY!

The wallpaper she has on her computer now is a huge close-up shot of her dog's face, and he has scary glowing eyes in it from the flash. She has to leave her computer on even when she's not there because otherwise I can't use the printer, so last week when she was on vacation I felt like the dog was shooting laser beams at me all week. It was kind of creepy.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't is amazing how rude people can be. I have pictures of my kits in my office and my calander was ordered with some of my favorite pictures of them. The other day someone from the computer department was in my office to fix my computer and asked me if the cats were mine. I said yes they were my babies. He then proceeds to tell me how much he dislikes cats and why he dislikes them.
When he finished I told him that I hoped he never fell in love with someone who loves cats. He looked a little bit embarrassed. No accounting for some people.

Tricia

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

I could change the wallpaper on her computer to Nedicks's tummy picture, so when she logged into her machine in the morning, the first thing she would see is KITTY BELLY!
Do it !!!!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are ridiculous when they don't like cats and sometimes go out of their way to let you know how they feel. I hate people like that.

The maintenance guy at my apartment complex is afraid of cats so when they do the bi-yearly health inspection you have to cage your cats or put them in the bathroom or something. The neighbor said one time that she didn't do that since she was home when the inspector came. Well her cat ran up to greet the guy at the door when he came in (this was before anyone knew he is afraid and thought that the cat being caged was to they don't have to chase the cat down if he runs out the door when the owner isn't home) This guy flipped out and started screaming like a baby and then ran over to the office and told the landlord that this womans cat attacked him. Of course, the cat never even made it too close to the guy since he started backing up and turned and ran out the door.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Up the ante. Tell her she's fat and you don't like her.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

'

Wow we all love each others' animals at work (and buy xmas pressies for each others' animals too!)

That is so rude, I think Nedicks is gorgeous... I would kill her with kindness, showing her pics of your cats every day, talking about the 'diet' you have put Nedicks on just because of what she said and ask if she looks better a week later, by then she will just agree that after seeing so many pictures, your kitties are cuter than her dog

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you do have to work with this woman I would suggest killing her with kindness. Don't retaliate because just maybe the woman was oblivious to how rude she is. And you draw more bees with honey than with vinegar.

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would have said WELL I really dont like dogs!
I would have!! LOL

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummm... ok She wants everyone to say how cute her dog is but name calls your furbabies! She should really know better.....