I'm a bad meowmy!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guess who forgot to buy wet food, which we were out of, for her kitties on the way home from work last night?

So, the only thing I had to feed my four impatient little sweethearts (especially Peter) at 6:00 a.m. this morning, was a can of Iams wet, which I already knew they didn't like.

They were as excited as usual as I dished it out (especially Peter) and put their bowls down on the kitchen floor. One sniff and I had four seriously disappointed kitties (yes, especially Peter) looking up at me like "Mom, what is this yucky stuff?" The only one who even tried it was Katie and she only ate a little. The others walked away.

Don't worry. They have dry food out 24/7. But, guess who's stopping at Petsmart on the way home from work today no matter what? And guess whose kitties are getting some extra spoiling tonight?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel Eileen! I'm going through an experiment to try to find a higher quality premium wet that allllll the kitties like, yeah right you say? and so far I've had a couple clear losers, like the other night I tried the Merrick's Southern Comfort, and nobody, and I do mean nobody, not even my little garbage disposal Pandora, were all that impressed
I'm trying kitties! I swear!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, the way they have to break our hearts

We had this issue the other day, I had ran out of their Meow Mix pouches, so they had to go a day without their wet food (they also have dry out 24/7) but boy, where they dissapointed and mad when I came home and they were all ready to be fed their good dinner... and didn't get anything!

I felt miserable, but spoiled them with some treats instead.... they sure were mad, so I know how you feel Eileen!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

they sure do have a way of making you feel little dont they.
That's exactly I how felt. Wet food time is like the highlight of Peter's day and he just looked so let down and confused it broke my heart!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

That's exactly I how felt. Wet food time is like the highlight of Peter's day and he just looked so let down and confused it broke my heart!
Yes, Loki and Jacob do the same thing to me! I only ran out once and had to give them something they didn't care for......... Never again! I try to keep a case ahead now! Their poor hurt little faces just broke my heart!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats certainly have ways to tell you when they don't like something.
Sam & Patrick when they didn't like the cheap food we bought in an emergency situation did the same thing. They gave a few sniffs and turn their noses up at it. Cats are funny that way! And of course, being the guilty mommy, I vowed to give them the good stuff only & never run out. Plus spoil with toys & hugs.! It's good thing, cats don't stay mad for long.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Bit doesn't like a food I put down he will try to bury it under the the tiles in the kitchen. It makes me feel so bad...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Carly's reaction: MEOWWWWWWWWW

My reaction: been there, done that and fortunately Carly forgets it easily.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I think we have all been there. Right now I am trying to get Tavia a higher quality food than what she has and although she is eating it she doesn't seem as impressed with it than her usual food.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eileen, Eileen, Eileen...

Welcome to the club...
I've made 6am runs to the store because we were out. Nothing like the sight of a cat sitting next to an empty plate and staring at you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

When Bit doesn't like a food I put down he will try to bury it under the the tiles in the kitchen. It makes me feel so bad...
Lol, my abilene does that too....it's quite amusing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, all has been forgiven. The kits, especially Peter, were soooo excited to
get their wet food when I got home from work yesterday and it was business as usual this morning!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Guess who forgot to buy wet food, which we were out of, for her kitties on the way home from work last night?
Bad mommie!
bad mommie!

And guess whose kitties are getting some extra spoiling tonight?
are you finished to spoil at the King and the Queens?

...Just kidding my friend!
I to know they going to forget you1

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we've all had an experience like that. I did a couple weeks ago and I'll never let it happen again. My kitties just looked soooo sad it was unbareable. Needless to say they got some extra cuddle time that night and they were happy once again.