Is this some kind of mental disorder or what?

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH and I were having a conversation the other night about our closets and drawers being too full. So this morning I made some calls and decided where I want to donate the stuff and now I'm ready to get started. The first drawer I pull out is my sock drawer. I should take a picture of this...

36 pairs of cat socks...and this does not include those in the wash, under the bed or where ever socks otherwise end up. 24 of them still have the little plastic fasteners on them. I only break out one new pair at a time, and that is after giving my selection some serious thought. I wear them til they're holier than swiss cheese.

Every year people give me cat socks for Christmas, birthday, etc. And yes, they know I already have plenty. And if I see a pair I like that I don't have, I buy them anyway. Now I realize there are poor people out there who need socks, but there is no way I'm cutting loose with any of these.

So what do you think? In my old age am I destined to end up in some institution with a big plastic bag of cat socks under my wheelchair...whacking at anyone who passes by with a cane? "I'm warning you...stay away! These are MY socks..."

Just can't wait to see what's in the next drawer...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I must admit I have a cat sock disorder too! And cat shirts, and cat sweaters, and cat ornaments, and cat pictures, and cat........... Well, you get the picture! My husband swears they are all multiplying on their own (he's just jealous)!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hoard little pouches of beauty samples. Everytime I break the foil I feel so unbelievably special. The stuff stays so fresh in a plasty pouch, it is amazing.

I have hundreds of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Yes, I must admit I have a cat sock disorder too! And cat shirts, and cat sweaters, and cat ornaments, and cat pictures, and cat........... Well, you get the picture! My husband swears they are all multiplying on their own (he's just jealous)!
and cat pins! No outfit is complete without cat socks and a cat pin. (and of course, cat hair) DH is threatening me all the time...no more cat stuff! But honestly, who can pass up a cute cat clock, cat towels, cat dishes....
I don't think *sock hoarder* even begins to cover it!

Well I managed to organize the drawer. Big fluffy socks for when the weather gets cold on one end. Everyday cats socks, then Christmas, next Halloween, cause that's coming up soon, ya know! Also found a few of DH's which I stuffed back into his drawer. Phew... Better take a break and have some lunch.

Everytime I break the foil I feel so unbelievably special.
YES! That's exactly how I feel when I snip that plastic sock connector!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I wear them til they're holier than swiss cheese.

So what do you think? In my old age am I destined to end up in some institution with a big plastic bag of cat socks under my wheelchair...whacking at anyone who passes by with a cane? "I'm warning you...stay away! These are MY socks..."

Just can't wait to see what's in the next drawer...
and I can see the pair you're wearing there have your big toe sticking through.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a food hoarder!!!! Esp treats like cookies/ice cream..... I have to hide them otherwise DH will eat until gone!!! I'll by stuff with dk chocolate or cream with stuff he doesn't like because if its there he eats it!!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

and cat pins! No outfit is complete without cat socks and a cat pin. (and of course, cat hair) DH is threatening me all the time...no more cat stuff! But honestly, who can pass up a cute cat clock, cat towels, cat dishes....
I don't think *sock hoarder* even begins to cover it!

Well I managed to organize the drawer. Big fluffy socks for when the weather gets cold on one end. Everyday cats socks, then Christmas, next Halloween, cause that's coming up soon, ya know! Also found a few of DH's which I stuffed back into his drawer. Phew... Better take a break and have some lunch.

YES! That's exactly how I feel when I snip that plastic sock connector!
Oh, yes!! Cat pins, and cat earrings, and cat necklaces, and cat .............

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

and I can see the pair you're wearing there have your big toe sticking through.
You see, that's the beauty of it! For example, we are pretty casual at work. I have this one pair of socks with both heels completely gone that I wore last week, and of course I'm wandering around my office with my shoes off. One of my buds comes in and is laughing about my socks. Now at the next gift giving opportunity I know this person will buy me some new socks. Then the next time I wear the ones with the heels out she'll say, "Why don't you wear the new socks I bought you?" And I'll say, "Why, what's wrong with these?"

And the socks just keep rolling in....
Clever, no?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You see, that's the beauty of it! For example, we are pretty casual at work. I have this one pair of socks with both heels completely gone that I wore last week, and of course I'm wandering around my office with my shoes off. One of my buds comes in and is laughing about my socks. Now at the next gift giving opportunity I know this person will buy me some new socks. Then the next time I wear the ones with the heels out she'll say, "Why don't you wear the new socks I bought you?" And I'll say, "Why, what's wrong with these?"

And the socks just keep rolling in....
Clever, no?

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I'm a food hoarder!!!! Esp treats like cookies/ice cream..... I have to hide them otherwise DH will eat until gone!!! I'll by stuff with dk chocolate or cream with stuff he doesn't like because if its there he eats it!!!
But Gail, where do you hide ice cream?? Isn't the freezer the first place he looks?

purrdelight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are what is commonly known as a pack rat, my cats and socks are best friends.....especially mine, my oldest kitten thinks it's fun to take off with one of my socks and hide it. Not cool.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrDelight

You are what is commonly known as a pack rat
I suppose it could be worse.

stands in front of the group...

"Hi, my name's Cinder and I'm a sockaholic."

Target, huh?