What now?

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years. My youngest started school Wed. So for Wed and Thursday I had my sister come over so we could get some house stuff done. Well today is the first day I am home alone. The kids have been gone only 10 min and I am in tears!!
I just realized I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't know what to do without having little ones home. I am sure it's still the letting go factor. I didn't think it would bother me this much. I have plans to get my house in complete order which was hard at times with little ones running around. However all I want to do is cry. Is this normal or am I crazy? All I keep telling myself is thank goodness it's Friday. lol I figured if I typed this out then I would feel better but so far no lol

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years. My youngest started school Wed. So for Wed and Thursday I had my sister come over so we could get some house stuff done. Well today is the first day I am home alone. The kids have been gone only 10 min and I am in tears!!
I just realized I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't know what to do without having little ones home. I am sure it's still the letting go factor. I didn't think it would bother me this much. I have plans to get my house in complete order which was hard at times with little ones running around. However all I want to do is cry. Is this normal or am I crazy? All I keep telling myself is thank goodness it's Friday. lol I figured if I typed this out then I would feel better but so far no lol
Honey this is completely normal. I'm the youngest of five, and my mother cried like a baby my first day of school. She just didn't know what to do with herself. I think this is more than normal...

tunaqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ugh! think it's bad now? just wait til they grow up and leave home! I thought I couldn't wait til that happened, especially after the "terrible teens". When my youngest left (for college 1600 miles away) I thought my life was over. After dedicating my life for 20+ years to my children I felt extremely lost and useless. It does take some time to adjust to having your own life again.

Just keep busy and try to take advantage of the few hours you have to yourself and enjoy each precious day with your children. They grow up so fast.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was like this at first mine are 9, 8, and 6 now i cant wait for them to go back to school ive got 10 days 18hours and 45 minutes and counting lol before they go back

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking as an "empty nester", I LOVED having my kids go to school and, now that they're grown, I'm enjoying myself. While the kids were growing up, I always had outside interests: work, school and a social life. School hours were my opportunity to get things done: grocery shopping, lunch with friends or just going back to bed with a book.