Lil Update

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the kittens are getting so big!! their 6 week birthday is today
On a sad note, i have had to rehome Icis. last weekend, i had been putting the kittens in the large dog cage with litter and food and water, and letting icis in once in a while to nurse, but instead she would eat there food and dump there litter. so i cut it down of her being in there to once a day, since the kittens eat reg food fine now. well, she didnt like that too well, she had starting peeing and pooing where she felt like it!
I first thought it was Prue, cause she usta do that, but i was WRONG. I was sitting on the couch watchin tv and i watch Icis climb on the shoes, which she usually does to get to the window, but she was acting odd, so i watched her. she got onto my husbands brand new shoes, and proceded to pee on them!!! i was PISSED, i picked her up, put her in the smaller dog cage, and then the small bathroom. I called a friend that was willing to take her, problems and all. TG for that woman,lol. She was a great cat, but i will NOT tolerate that behavior. she did have a vet visit, and she said Icis was fine, that it was jealousy. i tried to give them the same loving, so i dont know what it was.

I am keeping the calico and one male, and the other 2 have home waiting for them. they both will be fixed in nov. sorry this turned out long,lol. will post pics after work

Liza

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

the kittens are getting so big!! their 6 week birthday is today
On a sad note, i have had to rehome Icis. last weekend, i had been putting the kittens in the large dog cage with litter and food and water, and letting icis in once in a while to nurse, but instead she would eat there food and dump there litter. so i cut it down of her being in there to once a day, since the kittens eat reg food fine now. well, she didnt like that too well, she had starting peeing and pooing where she felt like it!
I first thought it was Prue, cause she usta do that, but i was WRONG. I was sitting on the couch watchin tv and i watch Icis climb on the shoes, which she usually does to get to the window, but she was acting odd, so i watched her. she got onto my husbands brand new shoes, and proceded to pee on them!!! i was PISSED, i picked her up, put her in the smaller dog cage, and then the small bathroom. I called a friend that was willing to take her, problems and all. TG for that woman,lol. She was a great cat, but i will NOT tolerate that behavior. she did have a vet visit, and she said Icis was fine, that it was jealousy. i tried to give them the same loving, so i dont know what it was.

I am keeping the calico and one male, and the other 2 have home waiting for them. they both will be fixed in nov. sorry this turned out long,lol. will post pics after work

Liza
Liza...I hope your friend is aware that Icis needs to be fixed. Truthfully, if it were me, I would have simply put Icis in a large crate and tried to work with her. It could have also been hormonal as she may be coming back into heat. It is not unusual for cats to become territorial when they feel threatened.

If you are going to keep a male and female kitten...then you really need to set up their spay/neuter appts for as early as possible.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i said i had them set for oct/ nov ( around 12-18 weeks), thats when they will be done, and when i can afford to pay the HUGE vet bill, considering i dont fit into the low income bracket needed for low cost fixing, so its going to cost me about $225 per animal. Right now, my work schedule dosent allow for the time i would need to work with her. I knew this woman wanted her, and yes she is going to have her spayed ASAP. i was toying with the idea of letting her go with the kits anyway, because of her need to be constantly ON me. the minute i would sit down, she wouldnt leave me alone for hours at a time, she acted like she never got love, it was weird. i think the pregnancy changed her, and not for the better, i am afraid.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
5 months would be the outer edge of when I would get these kittens fixed. If you have to go beyond 4 months...I would really consider keeping them seperated until they are fixed...that way you do not risk yet another pregnancy.

I feel for Icis....once she is spayed, it could change the whole situation for her.

Katie