Do you ever dream about your kitties?

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i've dreamed about Wonton a few times... i generally seem to dream that he's in trouble and i'm trying to help him :/ The last one was a couple nights ago, dreampt i was carrying him around a strange city, trying to get home.. at one point we were in a parking garage, but it was full of water, and everyone was in little boats instead of cars, and Wonton was soaked and i was holding onto him tight, worried he'd try to run away or slip out of my hands.. then i was walking, and i'd lost him, and i walked into this Buddhist temple that was ppainted all white, and saw him just lying there taking a nap in the sun

dreams are strange

Do you ever dream about your cats?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around 7am this morning (please note that i've been fostering kittens around the clock....so i had only had around 2-3hrs of sleep at the time...) I "thought" i was dreaming that i heard Kenzie & Keiko (Lex is in his own swanky kitty cage in the dining room
) in their carrier fighting....well about 10 minutes later my mom came in there and really woke me up and said that Kenzie was making up for being the runt of the litter because she was attacking her brother lol
...needless to say, i wasn't dreaming, and my sweet little Kenzie is literally a man eater lol...

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only had about 2 dreams about Tab.

in one I went to some sort of hotel and she stowed away in my bag, jumped out when we got there and then went to sleep on the bed

and in another one I wqas just walking down the street when a huge tornado was heading towards her and she was meowing, so I grabbed her and ran!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just had one the other night that stoli had some mosquito disease and i couldn't remember the vets number and i finally got him to the vet and the vet did all this stuff to help him and i asked, so is he goibg to be ok? and the vet bluntly said, no. and stoli died

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband did this morning. He was talking with them in his sleep. He doesn't remember what he dreamed though. The funny thing is that his modertounge is Netherlands but he spoke English with the kittens.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I dreamed that I had already fed them. Good thing when I woke up I realized it was a dream!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

i just had one the other night that stoli had some mosquito disease and i couldn't remember the vets number and i finally got him to the vet and the vet did all this stuff to help him and i asked, so is he goibg to be ok? and the vet bluntly said, no. and stoli died
aww, i'm sorry
I'd be really upset if i dreamed that about Wonton.

tunaqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my Misty to a brain tumor on July 21st this year and hadn't had any dreams about him until just the other night. In the dream I was standing in a green, grassy field looking towards a log cabin beside some tall shade trees. On the front porch sitting in front of the door was my Misty!
He was looking right at me as if he was waiting for me to come up to the cabin. Someone (I dont know who) was beside me and they said "he'll be waiting for you here when it's your time". I so wanted to run up to him but I knew I couldn't, or shouldn't...then I woke up.
I know Misty is OK now, and he's waiting for me on the other side...WHY he picked such a rustic (but well kept) log cabin to wait in I have no idea....but I'm just happy he's there, safe, and will be there when I cross over too.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes have nightmares about the cats getting out of the house -- mostly it's Spike I dream and worry about, because he's so trusting and well, stupid. (I don't mean to sound harsh, but he really, really is quite dim and it worries me all the time.) In my nightmares I always watch Spike run out of the apartment and immediately bolt into traffic, where he gets hit by a car. It's terrible, absolutely terrible.
I know my nightmares combine my own fear of my cats being hurt with the fact that there's a neighbourhood outdoor cat who has the same colouring as Spike: on more than one occasion I've seen this cat wandering around outdoors and nearly had a heart attack because I thought it was my own cat! (Fortunately, this neighbour cat is way more street-smart than poor dim Spike.)

I wish I had happy dreams about my cats -- maybe I do but I just don't remember them -- but at least my waking moments with them are happy.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a dream that one of my kittens had kittens. They were so tiny too, but walking and with their eyes open. They were about the size of small mice. Weird to have a dream like that.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TunaQueen

I lost my Misty to a brain tumor on July 21st this year and hadn't had any dreams about him until just the other night. In the dream I was standing in a green, grassy field looking towards a log cabin beside some tall shade trees. On the front porch sitting in front of the door was my Misty!
He was looking right at me as if he was waiting for me to come up to the cabin. Someone (I dont know who) was beside me and they said "he'll be waiting for you here when it's your time". I so wanted to run up to him but I knew I couldn't, or shouldn't...then I woke up.
I know Misty is OK now, and he's waiting for me on the other side...WHY he picked such a rustic (but well kept) log cabin to wait in I have no idea....but I'm just happy he's there, safe, and will be there when I cross over too.
Oh I'm so sorry you lost your kitty. I'm glad you know he's waiting for you that is a comfort.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like your fears are being played out by your subconcious mind, Mirinae.
Renovia - what an awful dream! Did you have a bad experience at the vet once?

I had a strange drem just last night. I dreamt there was another TCS met up, and we brought our cats! It turned out to be a fund-raiser for MissMew, and was this big event held at a public hall.
I had brought Wiggies, but he escaped and went running off down a ravine. I was frantically trying to get down there to save him, while MissMew's mom (who I've never met!) was telling me off for selfishly making such a fuss and keeping everyone waiting in the hall!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a horrible dream this morning @5 a.m. it woke me up. A German Shepard broke through a fence and killed a kitten.
Now I guess I had this dream because my brothers GS is dying of cancer and we just found out yesterday and the GS he had before that attacked Bella at a family party in 1995 after my brother assured me he liked cats and would not hurt her. I saw this look in his dogs eye and I ran to Bella and picked her up but I am only 5 foot 2 and he jumped up on us and bit the inside of her leg. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! I totally freaked out! But thankfully she was okay. Gosh I am worn out just writing this.