Does he know something I don't?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A maintenance guy from our apartment complex came to fix our garbage disposal tonight. 8-Bit had the oddest reaction to him, he started to growl. 8-Bit is usually my friendly kitty. He would walk up to anyone for a scratch on the head. It got to the point where I had to go in the bedroom and sit with him so he'd calm down. He's normal now, and is having a night time crazy. Should I be worried about this guy that was in my apartment?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always said that cats are a very good judge of character.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor is a 'reiki' master and he does all this stuff to his cats. i was talking to him a couple of times and telling him stuff and he truly believes that cats know when someone's aura is off. . . .i dont' think you need to be worried about the guy - but maybe he is abusive to say, his wife......

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmmm... that IS kind of trippy. i'd definately have my guard up a bit more - i do believe animals can sense things we can't. Or.. maybe the guy has some kind of exotic animal at home and 8-Bit smelled it, and that's what he was reacting to....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

hmmm... that IS kind of trippy. i'd definately have my guard up a bit more - i do believe animals can sense things we can't. Or.. maybe the guy has some kind of exotic animal at home and 8-Bit smelled it, and that's what he was reacting to....
The people across the hall from me have a python that I have fed when they are away on vacation, and Bit never had a reaction like that.

I'm thinking there was something majorly wrong with this guy. DH called right after the guy left, and I told him what had happened. He and I agreed that we are never having maintenance over here again with out him being home.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Better safe than sorry when it comes to having people you are unsure about come into your home- even if they are maintenance.

I say always keep 8-Bits reaction in the back of your mind!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere I think in Cat fancy about a girl who's cat did not like her boyfriend and she couldn't understand why, until he abused her one night and the cat attacked him!!!! The cat knew he was a slime!! I would just have your husband around next time, you hear about crazy people everyday you can't take chances. Now Joe was growling at the furniture delivery guys one day thru the window but when they came in he took off...hes a great protector

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The people across the hall from me have a python that I have fed when they are away on vacation, and Bit never had a reaction like that.

I'm thinking there was something majorly wrong with this guy. DH called right after the guy left, and I told him what had happened. He and I agreed that we are never having maintenance over here again with out him being home.
that's probably a good idea. i actually read somewhere once...i can't remember where, that people with certain mental illnesses can actually give off a certain smell (i'm not putting down anyone with mental illness, so please no one take this wrong). Perhaps 8-Bit smelled something like that? At any rate, i think it's wise not to have the guy there when you're alone again, just to be on the safe side.

PS - may i ask what it was like feeding a python? i love snakes

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

that's probably a good idea. i actually read somewhere once...i can't remember where, that people with certain mental illnesses can actually give off a certain smell (i'm not putting down anyone with mental illness, so please no one take this wrong). Perhaps 8-Bit smelled something like that? At any rate, i think it's wise not to have the guy there when you're alone again, just to be on the safe side.

PS - may i ask what it was like feeding a python? i love snakes
My brothers had them when we were growing up, so I've done it on more than one occasion. It's a little sad, itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s big enough to eat mice, but itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s cool at the same time. The snake is really good at what it does.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah, ive always wanted a snake, but i don't think i could feed it live prey, so i'll probably never have one. They're neat to look at though.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
years ago i had a cat that would hiss at and try to attack thiss one GF i had. It was the only person she would do this with.

later i found out just how crazy this women was.

i guess the cat had better sense then i did.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible that being a maintenance guy, he stunk of garbage disposal units or something like that, which a cat with a highly sensitive nose might find repulsive.

Another thought was that he didn't like another man being in his house when his daddy wasn't home

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I've always said that cats are a very good judge of character.
I agree- cats and dogs can really give their humans insight into others

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I agree- cats and dogs can really give their humans insight into others
I'm starting to think that he needs to protect me. How did I get such a wonderful cat?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That would give me pause for sure. I'd be inclined to take note of your cat's instincts.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think cats are pretty smart. They know when something is off. Some people think they are psychic.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch flat out hates our Schwans man. We've had the same guy coming to our house for 17 years. He's had the whole background check, I went to school with his kids, etc. Twitch, however, sees him as a terrbile threat....puffs up, hisses, growls, & bites him(keep in mind she's toothless). What does the Schwans man do? Squeals like a little baby!
He's terrified of cats. I think she knows that, too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm starting to think that he needs to protect me. How did I get such a wonderful cat?
He chose to adopt you as his pet human
Silly girl!
lol- he does sound like a very protective and loving kitty! He was protecting his meowmy! What a good boy!