For those of you with Tuxedo cats

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering I have a friend with 2 tuxedo cats and they love water they will sit in the tub with her and the shower like everyday. Is this true for all of them or are her cats the exception? Thanks in advance!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reilly isn't totally against water per se... But she's not real fond of it either. When she has a bath she doesn't fit us or cry. Just sits there...
Anyone else have input on this?

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Reilly isn't totally against water per se... But she's not real fond of it either. When she has a bath she doesn't fit us or cry. Just sits there...
Anyone else have input on this?
Marishka is actually the same way. Now, a cat classified just as tuxedo is just based on fur, right? I wonder what the link is between water and certain fur pattern...coincidence?

Neat, still...

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Monty will get wet only if there is some benefit in doing so. I've seen him dunk his head under the faucet to reach food on a plate before it is washed away. But, he just tolerates it. I've never seen him enjoy water, but then, he is a Katrina kitty..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My black and white tux babies hate water, lol and so do my two grey and white "suit" babies lol

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver drinks out of the faucet and doesn't mind getting a little wet: I don't think he'd ever want to go swimming or anything like that, though! Emma, on the other hand, thinks water is battery acid!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two tuxedos of my own, Toby and Grace, neither of which want anything to do with water. Our clinic tuxedo cat, Sunshine, doesn't seem to be fond of it either. However, my orange tabby Rusty likes to stand with his front feet completely in the water dish. He isn't getting a drink...he just stands there for awhile and then when he's done, jumps up and makes wet pawprints on your pants.
The only cat who would ever get in the tub with me was Buddy, a brown-black tabby who passed two years ago at age eighteen. I don't know that I've ever identified any particular trait to a certain color of cat, although *I* seem to have some kind of fascination with black kitties.

maddies mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a long haired tuxedo kitty, Madison, and she HATES bath, I liked the referance to battery acid above. She is howerver facinated with watching water. When I shower, she gets between the outer curtain, and the inner clear curtain and watches the water bead down the curtain. She plays in the water trickle of the sink, and once, only once, she dipped and swayed the tip of her tail in my bath water. Of course that was before she was hit by a car and needed two baths in two weeks to clean her fur until she figured out how to use her mouth and tounge to clean herself again.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My RB kitty, Willy, who was a tuxedo, loved rolling around in the bathtub after I showered. He also liked to hang over the edge of the tub when I took a bath and play in the water.

My little tuxedo girl, Gracie, isn't interested in the bathtub, but she loves water nonetheless, even after falling in the toilet as a kitten. She'd splash around in the toilet bowl if I'd let her.l Instead, she curls up in the bathroom sink waiting for me to turn the water on. She drinks from the faucet, but mostly plays with the water and doesn't mind it dripping on her at all.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cosette used to LOVE sitting on the edge of the tub while I showered when she was a kitten...now she's too busy terrrorizing her sister

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Oliver drinks out of the faucet and doesn't mind getting a little wet: I don't think he'd ever want to go swimming or anything like that, though
My Oliver is the same way!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
while Pixel has definite water preferences [likes it cold, fresh, running, with ice, etc.] she does NOT want to be in it.

[i'm thinking i contributed to her recent UTI because i had put off cleaning the fountains. i cleaned them really well the other night - took me almost an hour - & she has been drinking much more... bad meowmy
]

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Tiggy is fascinated with water, as long as he doesn't have to get in it. My other 3 avoid it at all costs, other than to drink!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker likes drinking out of esp one of the toilets, the faucet in the big bathroom-she will lay in sink too but not he's a big to big for that. He comes running when I start to fill the bathtup and sometimes sits up on the tub deck.
Sheba was the best though when I took a bath-she would use me as an island to get to the other side vs walking around the tub!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My tuxedo cat, Max, loved the water. He slept in the bathroom sink and would not get out when you turned on the water to wash hands. He would get in the shower with me and stand there until he got satisfied, then he left. He always had to get his water from drinking at the bathroom sink or tub. He loved the water. I love all my cats, and all your cats too. But I am partial to tuxedo cats. Max was the smartest cat I have ever seen. I think smartness is a "tuxedo trait"