Chicken Marinade's?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to put chicken in the crock pot tomorrow afternoon for tomorrow night's dinner, and I like to marinate the chicken overnight or that morning in something - usually Zesty Italian Dressing, with some spices, and then cook it in Cream of Chicken Soup all day. Its really yummy - (especially then cooked for about 10 minutes in the oven with Stove Top on each chicken breast and a bit of shredded cheese
)

I'm kinda sick of that

Does anyone else have something... different?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use olive oil, dry white wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Only marinade it for a few hours at most, the wine can over power the chicken.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use catalina dressing a bit of beer and some good spicy BBQ sauce let it sit for several hours, cook it up onthe grill or bake it. and toss some chesse on it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum, both of those sound yummy! Thanks!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have garlic marinated mushrooms.
I'm waiting to finish those off so I can use the marinade with chicken lol

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I also like Catalina Dressing and then usually cook it in the marinade with a little cream cheese melted and mixed in at the end to make it creamy
ooo that sounds like a good one

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could do an "asian" marinade with some soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and a little bit of hot sauce. You could serve it with rice and top the chicken with some chopped peanuts, or even stir a few tbsp of peanut butter into the sauce at the very end of cooking.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I marinate chicken in lemon pepper marinade and then just bake it. The lemon pepper marinade is soo good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmm.... these all sound so yummy! Thank you all for your suggestions!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a marinade (and definitely not low-fat!
), but really popular in my house:

* 2 cans cream of broccoli soup
* 1 can cheddar soup
* 1 head of broccoli, chopped up (we use all of it, but you could just get florets if you don't like the stalks)
* 2-4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

We put it in the crockpot around 7:30am when we leave for work and when we come back at 5pm it's a creamy, gooey, yummy mess.

You could substitute broccoli and cheese soup for the broccoli soup for an even creamier, cheesier taste; you could also replace either kind of soup for a low-fat version without losing any of the flavour. If you leave the fresh broccoli out until about an hour or so before you're ready to eat it would still have some crunch to it (I'm just lazy and would likely forget about it if it had to wait until I got home from work).

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a huge hit at my bbq grill, Tricia (jcat) told me to get some knorr packet dressings, that you just mix with water and olive oil, i marinaded them over night and bbq them, everyone loved it!

Next time im going to cook them in a pan with the dressing! it was so good!

the other ones i made were also night, but not as nice as the marinade ones IMO, i used 1 tablespoon of honey, and 4 tablespoons of soya sauce, with powdered garlic, i should have used crush garlic but oh well!