Help with my little Persian!

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!
My fiance and I bought a wonderful little Persian kitty a couple of days ago from a pet shop, but we forgot to ask for a vital piece of info: the colour! We had no idea there were hundreds of Persians: red, golden, silver, solid, smoked etc., etc.... Here's a pic of our precious
, we would appreciate any help about this

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty
Just beautiful ....... I dont know anything about colorings, Im sure someone will come around to answer that ........ boy/ girl ? Whats this kitties name? Thats a very beautiful kitty !!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

What a gorgeous kitty
Just beautiful ....... I dont know anything about colorings, Im sure someone will come around to answer that ........ boy/ girl ? Whats this kitties name? Thats a very beautiful kitty !!!!!
She's a little girl, we've just been calling her Kit Kit and Babycheeks naturally before actually thinking of a real name and now I suppose she's stuck with both!
Thank you, she is a great kitty too, I am the proud owner of another 8 year old vicious Norwegian and I certainly can appreciate it!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kit Kit and Babycheeks certainly do fit that gorgeous baby girl !!!!!! Everyone here loves kitty pictures so you can go over to Fur Pictures Only! and post pics of both of your kitties !!!! Welcome to the site, its wonderful with A LOT of info for just about anything you can think of. Hopefully soon someone will answer your color questions on that beauty !!!

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!!! We've been looking at lots of pictures and Babycheeks looks like solid creams, smoked creams and cameo creams!
Heeeeeelp!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is very cute. Did you get papers with your cat? that would tell what color. Its hard for me to make a color choice as all persians have vivid copper color eyes except two White persians can have copper, blue or bi eyes (two different eye colors)golden, then the silver and chinchilla color classes.
These Persians have emerald green eyes. Your kitten may have some persian in his back ground but I do not think you have a pure bred persian.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Your kitten is very cute. Did you get papers with your cat? that would tell what color. Its hard for me to make a color choice as all persians have vivid copper color eyes except two White persians can have copper, blue or bi eyes (two different eye colors)golden, then the silver and chinchilla color classes.
These Persians have emerald green eyes. Your kitten may have some persian in his back ground but I do not think you have a pure bred persian.
I didnt even notice the eye color.but yes your right generally persians have copper eyes. there are a few breeders who have outcrossed to get diffrent color eyes. not that i agree with that.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a very nice cream or possible cream tabby. Shorthairs show the tabby markings better on the body then longhairs.

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

You are probably right, I bought her from a pet shop and they did have pedigree cats and dogs, but in her case they said she was a Persian, just not pedigree. Thank you very much for the info, thank God I'm not too bothered about having a pure breed, otherwise I would have gone back to the pet shop and made a fuss.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ileana and Douggie

You are probably right, I bought her from a pet shop and they did have pedigree cats and dogs, but in her case they said she was a Persian, just not pedigree. Thank you very much for the info, thank God I'm not too bothered about having a pure breed, otherwise I would have gone back to the pet shop and made a fuss.
Aww your kitty is so cute!! Just be careful with buying from pet shops. Those dogs and cats come from mills where the animals are kept in horribly awful conditions and bred continuously non stop until they are too old and then they are killed. She could end up with a number of illnesses and problems later in life. It is a huge risk buying from a pet shop. So be careful. Don't feel bad, everyone has to learn about them sometime. If you didn't know then that is fine. I mean some pet shops work with local animal shelters so for all I know that is the situation here.

But I would say if you paid over $100 and she is not spayed or vaccianted or anything yet then it is definately a cat mill/BYB supporting pet shop to avoid in the future.

Read this:
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/ or kitty mills, they are the same thing

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ileana and Douggie

Did you pay alot of money for this kitten? if so then you should be upset as this kitten is not a Persian. And they should refund you money......Pet shops should not lie and make anyone pay big bucks for a kitten that is not a pure bred..If you did pay alot then you have every right to expect them to give you back alot of the money. I don't really see why they thought this kitten was a persian. It does not resemble one at all.And a pet shop should know this.If it was me I would go back and let them know and ask for money back!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you pay alot of money for this kitten? if so then you should be upset as this kitten is not a Persian. And they should refund you money......Pet shops should not lie and make anyone pay big bucks for a kitten that is not a pure bred..If you did pay alot then you have every right to expect them to give you back alot of the money. I don't really see why they thought this kitten was a persian. It does not resemble one at all.And a pet shop should know this.If it was me I would go back and let them know and ask for money back!
How does it not look like a Persian? Or at least a Persian mix? It has a semi flat face (not all Persians have the completely smashed in face), the long think coat looks Persian to me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a persian - just pet quality. I've seen himalayan kittens in pet shops that I would not give you $50 - they were that poor of quality and terribly groomed!

While you feel sorry for the pet shop kittens/pups, in most cases these animals are from puppy/kitten mills or byb. Hopefully the poster will not have too many problems, but please in the future do NOT support pet shops by buying the animals there - go to shelters or rescue groups first.

ileana and douggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, no! I'm not worried about her not being a pure breed at all, I think she was worth the money ( over $100, btw), now I'm terrified she might get ill or turn out to have genetic diseases
My poor Babycheeks!

Well, it is true I never would have bought anything from a pet shop if I was looking for a pure breed or any cat at all, I just saw her and I HAD to take her home
So I suppose it makes no difference since she is the only kitten in the world I want

But, yes, you are perfectly right, pet shops are a very wrong thing and the conditions they kept the animals were not appropriate at all! As a matter of fact, Babycheeks was the only awake and playful animal there, all the other ones were very lethargic

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you report them to someone? The SPCA or a Humane Society or something?