Radio question of the day: 08/24/06

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, unfortunately! My hubbie tells me I'm the only person he ever knew that had gotten a traffic ticket for going too slow!

I was moving my daughter home from university and we had gone to Stars on Ice in Toronto on the way home (she was in Guelph and we had to go through Toronto on our way home). Anyway, here it is, about 1 am, pitch black, pouring cats and..........cats, and I slowed down to go around a steep curve on the 401! Anyway, this cop decided he hadn't made his quota for the night and decided to stop us! There we were, dead tired, rental van loaded right to the gunnels with Erica's stuff and he thought he had a hot one! He delayed us by about 1/2 hour on purpose, I think he was mad because he was hoping he had a van full of stolen merchandise or whatever (or maybe a DUI) and was disappointed to find he only had an exhausted mother moving her daughter home from university! Anyway, he told me I was going too slow (had slowed to 90 km to go around the sharp curve) and that I should have been going about 110 at the minimum! The speed limit was 100! He was just a jerk! Anyway, David thought it was hilarious when he heard - he didn't offer to pay the ticket though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colleen, you were going 110????????????

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was pulled over for doing 92 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone. But I didn't get a ticket, the nice officer let me off with a warning.....Jeff says it's probably because I batted my eyelashes at him

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah! I just got it! No, we don't have the Autobahn here in Canada.............well, maybe in Quebec!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

a couple???????????????????
Well, lemme just put it this way, I got my license right after I turned 17 and haven't gone a year yet without a ticket.... sometimes I made it a double! and i will be 29 in 4 months
you do the math

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I was pulled over for doing 92 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone. But I didn't get a ticket, the nice officer let me off with a warning.....Jeff says it's probably because I batted my eyelashes at him
I'm afraid that my eyelash batting days are over! There once was a time................. Now, the cop would have to be old, blind and desperate!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Well, lemme just put it this way, I got my license right after I turned 17 and haven't gone a year yet without a ticket.... sometimes I made it a double! and i will be 29 in 4 months
you do the math
......and they still let you drive????????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

you do the math
Kathleen, we need to talk................

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

......and they still let you drive????????
Well yeah! who do you think pays for the donuts!! I've never gotten my suspended though, came close a couple times.....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Kathleen, we need to talk................
I know I have a problem

My mom has not been in a car with me in approximately 8 years
I swear I'm not that bad though!! they just always catch me
my last ticket was 4 months ago

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I thought they got their doughnuts free! Ya mean it was you all along????????
Heck, I've probably paid for a couple police-person bbqs!!