Snakes On A Plane

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, you all must have seen it advertised!! And im guessing as alot of you are American, its been out for months over there, but its only just come out here.

And you all must have thought "What an AWFUL title for a film".

Well, theres a story behind it.

Basically, these writers/producers came up with the film idea, they are nothing writers, noone has ever heard of them.

Somehow Samuel L Jackson got wind of this film and loved the title, Snakes On A Plane, so much that before even reading the script, he agreed to be in the film.

SO filming started, and he decided to add a few extra gory scenes.

Then tradgedy struck and everyone thought the title should be changed because...lets face it, who wants to see a film with THAT title.

However, Samuel L Jackson refused to let them change the title, stating he only agreed to do the film BECAUSE of its title.

So it remained, Snakes On A Plane, It got a huge internet following because of this and is now set to become HUGE.

I decided I had to see it and so i went tonight. And I LOVED it!

Its SO BAD its actually GOOD. You must see this film.

But not if you have snakes or plane phobias. Which i didnt have, I do now tho.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard that story as well about the movie name. I think it sounds like typical Samuel L Jackson

It has only just come out in the US, and we haven't seen it, but are keen to! We heard the title and laughed, but it's a SLJ action flick, so I'm sure it's worth a watch.

I love the Snakes on a Plane song. The last line cracks me up - put your head between your legs and kiss your a%@ goodbye.
That's just so funny....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, i forgot about the song
its great!

you must see the film, it really is good!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard all the hype about the movie, but don't plan on going to see it. I love airplanes but I'm terrified of snakes!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just hearing about it here now! I did hear that some theatre, don't know where, had some nutcase that let a couple of baby rattlers loose in the theatre during the movie just to shake things up! Now wouldn't that just freak you out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Just hearing about it here now! I did hear that some theatre, don't know where, had some nutcase that let a couple of baby rattlers loose in the theatre during the movie just to shake things up! Now wouldn't that just freak you out!
Oh yeah i heard about that too, id be terrified!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband heard the story and since he loves SLJ he wants to see it. I don't have any interest. It just seems like such a B movie to me. Anyway I'm super picky with movies. I'm encouraging him to go see it with a friend.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did hear that no know was bitten......... Just kind of "rattled" everyone! And they let the little guys go out in the desert somewhere!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

That happened somewhere in Arizona.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not fond of snakes (learned that from my Dad) and when I first saw clips I knew I would not be seeing it. Especially since they showed a scene of a cat in a carrier and then showed a snake entering the carrier!

Someone tried to compare it to "Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" (campy films). Yeah. riiiiiiiiiiiight.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually know the cinematographer of the film so I went to see it in support. I was surprised at how good it was. Some of the computer generated imaging isn't the quality we're used to, but its still good adrenaline pumping fun. I had my knees pulled up in my seat almost the entire movie.

The plot is...I guess contrived is a good word.
But at least the writing is such that even the characters make fun of the hilarity of what's going on around them at times in the movie. Lines like, "May day! I can't believe I'm saying this but...our plane is filled with venomous snakes."

I recommend it though. However the one scene with the kitty will make you cringe. But rest assured that they don't actually show anything. It's only suggested as to what happens.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since the "Snakes On A Plane" film has done so well at the box office, I decided to write a sequel to it based on my own personal experience ... it is entitled:

"Kittens in the Bathroom"

There will be lots of swinging on the shower cutains, crawling into underwear, and shredding of toilet tissue in this one. It is sure to do well!!

I am gonna be a bazillionaire. *smirk*

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Since the "Snakes On A Plane" film has done so well at the box office, I decided to write a sequel to it based on my own personal experience ... it is entitled:

There will be lots of swinging on the shower cutains, crawling into underwear, and shredding of toilet tissue in this one. It is sure to do well!!

I like the way you think

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Now that's a thriller movie I will go and see!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

mmmm What about Snakes on a Train? Have you ever seen that movie?
No, only heard of it. It's a straight to video title that popped up not long after word of Snakes on a Plane surfaced.

aimeeinohio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I loved it!
But I love b type movies- the cornier the better. My hubby does not jump or get reattled but he jumed and BIG time 3 or so times while at the movie.
it was fun!

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wasn't afraid of snakes until I saw that movie last Thursday night. Last night I stepped outside and a garden snake slithered by right in front of me and I just about flipped a nut!!!

I actually thought the movie was the perfect mix of being genuinely scary and funny. My stomach was in knots by the end of the movie because I kept going back and forth between being nervous/queasy and belly laughing out loud!