What Songs Drive You Crazy?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stupid new Fergie song "London Bridge" is driving me crazy right now!! It's such a dumb song and the video is horrific: since when does just dancing around half naked qualify as a music video?

What songs drive you bonkers?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Angels and Airwaves song "The Adventure". I can't stand it. Also "Save Your Scissors". Normally there is a million songs that drive me crazy but not right now.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of songs drive me nuts. I'm highly irritable.

In no particular order, though:
* "Don't Cha" (or whatever) by the Pussycat Dolls. "Don't cha" wish your girlfriend was an uber-
like them?
* "Jenny From the Block" by Jennifer Lopez. No, dear, you're not your same old self, unless that same old self had the ability to shut down a city block to film a music video.
* "My Humps" by the Black-Eyed Peas. How is it empowering to use your breasts to get you what you want? You're still stuck in the role of sexual object. What about brains?
* "Photograph" by Nickelback. I like most of their stuff (although their sound is completely unoriginal: Creed, Theory of a Deadman, Bush, etc.). This song just has really lazy rhymes; it sounds like something I might have written in grade nine.
* Any song where the singer laments how terrible their life is because they're famous and we just don't understand how difficult their lives can be. You know what's difficult? Poverty. Try it out the next time you feel like griping about your "misfortune."

I could mention more, but my opinions just get more vitriolic. I love good music, but it seems like bad or just plain lazy music is becoming more popular.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"London Bridge" kinda grew on me a bit after it was featured on So You Think You Can Dance, but I didn't like it at first..
The only songs that really irritate me are Meatloaf songs... I HATE MEATLOAF!!!!! no, not the ground beef lump, the singer, I could not believe he was on American Idol this year

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

A lot of songs drive me nuts. I'm highly irritable.

In no particular order, though:
* "Don't Cha" (or whatever) by the Pussycat Dolls. "Don't cha" wish your girlfriend was an uber-
like them?
* "My Humps" by the Black-Eyed Peas. How is it empowering to use your breasts to get you what you want? You're still stuck in the role of sexual object. What about brains?
* "Photograph" by Nickelback. I like most of their stuff (although their sound is completely unoriginal: Creed, Theory of a Deadman, Bush, etc.). This song just has really lazy rhymes; it sounds like something I might have written in grade nine.
* Any song where the singer laments how terrible their life is because they're famous and we just don't understand how difficult their lives can be. You know what's difficult? Poverty. Try it out the next time you feel like griping about your "misfortune."
lol, you could be my best friend!! I hate all those songs for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Another one to add to the list...Gwen Stafani, "Holla Back Girl." Does anyone else find it completely stupid when she starts spelling banana?!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand London Bridge, even after it was on So You Think You Can Dance! Anything country - bleah! Rap - hate it! But my least favourite song is that one I Got Your Picture......... Shivers!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora Jones..whatever one was overly popular a while ago. I didn't like that song the moment I heard it and then it was overplayed.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a number of them that I find irrititating. But the worst of them all...the one that drives me aboslutely bonkers...the one I won't stay in the same room with is...
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
When I was in college I worked in a restaurant with jukeboxes. That song was loaded in every Christmas time. From November to January for three years running I was subjected to it every ten minutes or so.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know the name of it, but it is by 50 cent (YUCK,YUCK AND MORE YUCK)) and it has a line that goes "I love you like a fat kid love cake."
Pretty much anything rap or hip-hop.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crystal211

Another one to add to the list...Gwen Stafani, "Holla Back Girl." Does anyone else find it completely stupid when she starts spelling banana?!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love Shack by the B52's

and

Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stefani

and

most new rock music (i love the 80's and 90's rock).

Also that pussy control song by prince...that is just the dumbest thing ever!!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
gotta agree on the "dontcha" song... ok they're dancers/strippers, fine, i've got NO problem with that..but whats with trying to have a "music" career? every song just sounds like theyre trying to make it as slutty as possible, to lure guys in, and girls who think acting like a **** is female empowerment. "dontcha wish ya girlfren was hot like me...dontcha wish ya girlfriend was a freak like me... dontcha!". it's just so stupid. all their songs sound the same - like theyre trying waaayyy too hard to sound sexy. i cringe each time i hear one of their songs.

any of the "whiny" pop-punk (using the word punk VERY loosely here). simple plan, good charlotte, taking back sunday...the list goes on. why is it suddenly the trend to sing in a sing-song, whiny voice? arghh my ears.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like taking back sunday....but i will agree that those bands are a dime-a-dozen. will they last through a decade...probably not. but for now those whiny break up songs put an odd smile on my face.

and as far as strippers making music...totally not something I would want my daughter (if and when i have one) listening to as far as lyric content but we all know sex sells and like most things MTV pushes it to is just a fade. Remeber LimpBizkit? ahh seee?

Oh but I will say those are some mighty sexy ladies and I cant help but be amazed every time the video is on.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely cannot stand "your body is a wonderland" by John Mayer

and "Everytime we touch" by Cascada and anything hard rock gives me a headache.
other than that I am not too picky.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooo, i love john mayer

i can't stand any of that hip hop rap crap that is full or sexual innuendos and swears -

to be more specific though: what drive me crazy?

the vonage song on tv
and the beep beep dot com song on tv.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

i like taking back sunday....but i will agree that those bands are a dime-a-dozen. will they last through a decade...probably not. but for now those whiny break up songs put an odd smile on my face.

and as far as strippers making music...totally not something I would want my daughter (if and when i have one) listening to as far as lyric content but we all know sex sells and like most things MTV pushes it to is just a fade. Remeber LimpBizkit? ahh seee?

Oh but I will say those are some mighty sexy ladies and I cant help but be amazed every time the video is on.
the thing is about the whiny stuff..i blame Blink 182 and Green Day.
Now, i like Green Day, i've seen them live and they were pretty good... but they, and Blink (who are also okay. Not great, but okay), started that whole pop punk slightly whiny emo - ish kind of genre. And then about four million bands tried to copy them exactly..and that's when my ears just started saying "enough!" Also, the lack of creativity in the videos. Theres one vid by one of those bands where it just cuts to them in shots of different outfits, playing. like really fast, every few seconds, a different outfit.

err.. WOW. thats some cutting edge stuff right there. different outfits..fascinating! i could watch that all day.

trust me, i like the odd whiny breakup song too..it just seems that that's ALL that's on the airwaves right now. And there are so many good bands out there that actually sound original - i wish radio and mtv programmers were a wee bit more adventurous.

and yeah, the Pussycat Dolls *sigh* i miss the early 90s. veruca salt, hole, bikini kill... even Alanis Morrissette - females who had something to SAY. Where are the female bands/artists like that today?

k i'll stop griping now

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there isnt much variety anymore on the radio and like you said arcadian girl nothing much for videos nowa days. The following of greenday beat out Nirvana and Peral Jam and then Greenday was cast aside for boybands and then bands like blink brought punk into the hands of teens. Disposable music is easy to find, its any kid with a dream and a good marketing team.

I like lots of music, but i hardly call myself a fan of much. Whats catchy and what kids like is what sells best and it will always be that way. every now and than mtv gets it right by playing bands like the acrade fire and rage against the machine.

as for me...I'll stick to my Boy sets fire, my fantastic 80's Tesla and Journey
thats all I need. Oh and of course I wont stop shaken my booty at clubs to all the horrid dance music (sad but true
)