You Are Not Going To Believe This!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello All!!!

This is the most amazing thing ever!! I had adopted two cat this month from the Cat's Haven (Humane Society Shelter),, and we've only had Chestnut for 5 days now.. and I was mowing last night,, and I'll be darned but two baby stray cats walked up to my house. Now we live in the country,, so there's a distance from one neighbor to another,, over a mile or so..

These two babies are soo small - tabby kittens.. One can't be more then 2 to 3 months, the other 6 weeks at the most!! maybe!!!

They both looked starved... I put down some food and water for them, and my little girl played with them,, and they were skiddish at first, but they came around,and played with her.. I put them in our basement last night,, for fear the coyotes would get them,, they really are small....

I can't keep them,, so I'm guessing I'm gonna try to take them to the Humane Society today,, and hope they can take them... If only they would had wondered into my life a month ago....

I mean really what is the likely hood!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a shame you can't keep them.......I remember when I had one, I said, that's all. Now I have 4!!
Can you show us some pics?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Hello All!!!

This is the most amazing thing ever!! I had adopted two cat this month from the Cat's Haven (Humane Society Shelter),, and we've only had Chestnut for 5 days now.. and I was mowing last night,, and I'll be darned but two baby stray cats walked up to my house. Now we live in the country,, so there's a distance from one neighbor to another,, over a mile or so..

These two babies are soo small - tabby kittens.. One can't be more then 2 to 3 months, the other 6 weeks at the most!! maybe!!!

They both looked starved... I put down some food and water for them, and my little girl played with them,, and they were skiddish at first, but they came around,and played with her.. I put them in our basement last night,, for fear the coyotes would get them,, they really are small....

I can't keep them,, so I'm guessing I'm gonna try to take them to the Humane Society today,, and hope they can take them... If only they would had wondered into my life a month ago....

I mean really what is the likely hood!!!
Sounds as if you may have strays or ferals living around your area...or else people are dumping their unfixed cats. Best thing to do is to try to borrow a humane trap and place it outside to see if you catch anyone. The other option is to contact a TNR group in your state:

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html

Hopefully the humane society can take the 2 kittens....but it's been a pretty bad kitten season.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've called all the humane societies,, they are overloaded!!!! One Humane Society where I got my dog at said, she would take them but she has a waiting list 7 pages long!! :sad:

Anyways,, they said I could call the dog warden, and because they are so overloaded they would kill the kittens.. I said *^&% no!! I won't say what I said,, but I said it, out of suprise that she even offered it!!

I took beautiful pictures of them,, I'm gonna try to post them.. But I'm also gonna try to put them around work here on a bulletin boards. They are so cute,, my little girl already named them,, Alex for the older one, and Kella for the baby girl.

Cats are soo smart.. I showed them the litter box last night before we went upstairs, and you wouldn't believe it, but they used it... No questions, no problems, and no mistakes.. It was amazing!!!!!!!

Now to find them a home!!! If anyone is interested i live in Southeastern Indiana, near Ohio!!!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must be a kitty magnet!

A word of warning, though: before you let the new kitties play with your kitties again, you really must have them taken to a vet to make sure they are healthy and disease-free. Even if they appear healthy they could be harboring viruses or other diseases that could make your babies quite ill.

We'd love to see pictures! Good luck finding a no-kill group to help find them homes!