pregnant cat help

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have a 1 and a half old cat and we want her to have 1 litter of kittens. we saw her and my other cat on each other all the time but she doesent seem to be getting pregnant.
she had some false pregnanacys but nothing more. we know she is fertile
we had her tested
so if anyone knows how to get her pregnant tell me.

p.s. dont leave me hate mail saying U are a bad person u need to get her fixed.
i just want an answer

xxmistyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya,
I think you just need to let nature take its toll. We let Misty out and she was constantly mating with the same cat for about 72 hours and only came in to eat or sleep. But just remember they can be a handful if she has a big litter, Misty has only had 3 they are only 6 days old. Hope you have no cherished furniture or wallpaper ha ha. But just let her go and she will have a growing tummy before you know it.
Before she gets pregnant it may help if you find pending homes for them, i read a dreadful story where an owner put an ad in the paper and the kittens that got sold got abondoned, ill treated and made to have lots of litters for money. I hope that doesn't happen to you.
But when she becomes pregnant remember to give extra love and attention and worm/flea her regularly. I wish you the best of luck and keep me posted. Sadie x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanx misty i keep u updated

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! We are glad you found us here in the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forum.

First, I have several questions ... and please don't assume I am writing hate mail to you simply because I am asking them, OK? I am just curious - not trying to be at all confrontational.

Why would you like your cat to have a litter of kittens? Will you be spaying your girl after this litter or will you continue allowing her to have kittens? Will you be keeping all the babies or do you have homes for them? Will they also be spayed/neutered before they go to their new homes? If not, why? Are you both emotionally and financially prepared for the worst if it happens? Can you financially support a litter (the average number of kittens in a litter is 5) and Momma for 10 to 12 weeks until they go to their new homes? If your girl becomes pregnant, will you be neutering your male? If not, why? Are both your adults healthy and up to date on all vaccines and free from both internal and external parasites?

Thanks in advance for taking the time and making the effort to address my curiosity.

Yours,

GayeF

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbabe12

i have a 1 and a half old cat and we want her to have 1 litter of kittens. we saw her and my other cat on each other all the time but she doesent seem to be getting pregnant.
she had some false pregnanacys but nothing more. we know she is fertile
we had her tested
so if anyone knows how to get her pregnant tell me.

p.s. dont leave me hate mail saying U are a bad person u need to get her fixed.
i just want an answer
Hello and Welcome! I do have a few questions though. Please dont take this wrong but why are you trying to get her to have kittens? There are tons of kittens out there that need homes already. Why bring more into this world? As for your question. Maybe your other cat is not fertile? If you had her tested and she's fine then maybe its him? Maybe she's lacking vitamins she needs to get and stay pregnant. There could be any number of things wrong. How old is the other cat?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just am curious why you would let her out to mate with whatever cat is around? And same question goes for xXMistyXx too. Have you hear od FIV or FeLV or a number of other diseases a perfectly healthy looking toncat can have? Do you want your poor cat to have to go through that? You wouldn't even know immediately if she did in fact pick it up from him and then she would pass it on to her babies... Have you thought about the risk of losing your cat? Have you had her completely health screened? I don't mean just a regular vet check up? I know you will do what you wish but please consider the consequences first. You are putting your female at great risk.

Do you care about the millions of other homeless cats in the world? Couldn't you take in a pregnant mother cat from the shelter or something?

Another thing, what if your female rejects the kittens or has problems birthing them? Will you take her to the emergency ER vet and pay an arm and a leg for an emergency C-Section? Will you stay up bottle feeding them every 2 hours for the first few WEEKS? They could die if you don't. What if you cannot find a home for all these cats? Your cat may seem special to you and I am sure she is but what is so special about the kittens she may have? There are a bazillion in the world. Hers are just like any other in need of a home.

Please think about it. You cannot consciencously let her out to mate with any old cat. Please do not take xXMistyXx's advice. Your cat could die this way or become incredibly sick.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxMistyxX

Hiya,
I think you just need to let nature take its toll. We let Misty out and she was constantly mating with the same cat for about 72 hours and only came in to eat or sleep. x
Are you serious? Did you have the male she mated over and over with tested for FIV and FeLV? It is common with unneutered males. You wouldn't even know he had it... Did you think of that? I believe animals can have STDs too... Plus a number of other illnesses and parasites he could have. You are putting these animals at great risk and what is the point? Please don't risk your cats life like that. You will regret it one day. You may have been lucky so far, but one day she will come home beat and bloody or very seriously ill...

Think about that.

FIV is feline AIDS and FeLV is LEUKEMIA in case you didn't know. Those can be serious and deadly diseases...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxMistyxX

Hiya,
I think you just need to let nature take its toll. We let Misty out and she was constantly mating with the same cat for about 72 hours and only came in to eat or sleep. Sadie x
Sadie....I also do not advocate allowing cats outdoors to become pregnant....you risk the posibility that the male carries a disease that could comprimise the litter and the mother. I know you are planning to have the mom and dad fixed (which is great) but again....for individuals who are reading this board....there are great risks when allowing an intact cat to go outdoors so best to have it spayed.

Katie

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THE MALE is a showcat and he is tested and we are goning to spay her and the kittens. we have homes for all them and we can afford the male cat is 2 and a half. we are selling the kittens because they are showing cats.
so if u have anymore questions ask me

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

THE MALE is a showcat and he is tested and we are goning to spay her and the kittens. we have homes for all them and we can afford the male cat is 2 and a half. we are selling the kittens because they are showing cats.
so if u have anymore questions ask me
Unless you have papers for both the male and the female that they are both show cats...you cannot sell the kittens as show cats. If you are planning to be a breeder, I would really suggest that you introduce yourself on the breeders forum. Breeding an pedigreed cat to a non-pedigreed cat is simply bring more moggies into the world.

Katie

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They both have champion pedigrees and i show Persians and himalayans

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They both have champion pedigrees and i show Persians and himalayans
What I would suggest then is to introduce yourself on the breeder's forum. You are faced with a unique situation involving pedigreed cats and you will probably find that the breeders on that forum will have better answers regarding your question. Most of the posters on this forum are faced with an accidental mating and are not dealing with trying to get a cat to become pregnant that is pedigreed. The breeders on that forum are all very helpful..and I truly believe that they will be able to assist you.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Description of breeder's forum:

This is the place for discussions about feline genetics, show etiquette, or any other breeding topic. Seasoned breeders can share experiences and newbies are welcome to ask and learn.

Katie