You could blow me over with a feather right now

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is in regards to my ant problem
. I called my Mom, and asked her what she did when we were kids. She said that she would take some of our chalk (yes chalk) and draw lines around the cupboards. Ants can't cross a chalk line. I just tried it. It works. I am so happy I could cry.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great to know! I'm going to put chalk lines all over the house tonight when I get home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That's great to know! I'm going to put chalk lines all over the house tonight when I get home.
The best is, I've drawn circles around my containers of flower and sugar. They are now "safe".

I'm just so happy I don't have to board the boys for a few days to get rid of the ants. Now they are just going to go elsewhere.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really interesting! Why can't they cross chalk I wonder?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool - magic chalk circles to keep the demons - I mean ants - away.

Seriously, this is neat. I can't wait to try it.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it make me strange that I have the urge to leave work, go buy chalk, find some ants outside, and draw chalk lines near a couple and see what happens?

This is a really great tip that I'm mentally filing away. Gonna call my mom and tell her too. They always end up with ants at least once a summer.

beatrix426

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Man I had an ant problem last year and tried to research different methods online to get rid of them and I don't think I came across chalk. I just bought these tiny inclosed ant traps and hid them so Zoe and Cosmo can't get at them (they can't get inside them even if they do find them) but I haven't seen an ant since. But that chalk idea is really cool!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I will have to remember that if we ever get an ant problem

you learn something new everyday

huh! Never heard that one before. So far, we've only got a few ants wandering about and the boys take care of them. But if I ever need to deal with them, I'll try that.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Can I put it around the whole perimeter of the house?
Hey, why not - go get some of the chalk that they use to mark football fields! What an idea!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome!!! I'm gonna try that if i ever have an ant issue! Thanks for the tip!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Holy Mackerel! Whodathunkit, indeed! We had an ant problem a bunch of years ago, but not since. I almost wish we would, so I could try it!
But I'll remember it for sure!

scuffy&samantha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I knew that when I was a kid cause I saw my grandparents doing that it's just I don't like a line on my tiles.

I spray them so they will stop hatching. I know it's really mean, if you don't kill em, they will hatch and they will have wings and fly all over your house. Imagine hundreds of ants flying inside the house.