Kitty loves my armpits!

karabear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Kitty loves to stick her little face in my underarm area. If I let her, she would go crazy licking the area. What is up with that!?

darincm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think this is uncommon. Our oldest female Zoe, does that too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many cats love the smell of clean human sweat, almost like catnip.

Ie preferably a lot of sweat, preferably somewhat old - but sweat, not filthy dirt if you understand what I mean.

I remember once, I wanted to have my shirt one time more, it was used but not filthy. But Muskis began to smell and wriggling on the shirt - I understood I must change shirt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karabear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it is the sweat. She wants to do it even when I've just gotten out of the shower. She tries REALLY hard to get her face in there
I would let her but I worry about whatever chemicals are in my deodorant. I hate to push her away from me because I love to cuddle with her.

russian_blue_kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've heard that it's a way of cuddling in their eyes. When Anastasia gets scared (ie at the vets) she tries to hide under my armpit; she really starts digging her head into me. Maybe it's a sort of comfort/cuddle/hiding spot?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver's favorite time of day (or at least before I broke my #$% foot) was post-workout. He loves him a sweaty momma! Emma also is a foot-licker, which I think is a variation on the same theme.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by russian_blue_kitten

I've heard that it's a way of cuddling in their eyes. When Anastasia gets scared (ie at the vets) she tries to hide under my armpit; she really starts digging her head into me. Maybe it's a sort of comfort/cuddle/hiding spot?
Yes, this explanation is also correct. I remember when our shy russian blue Muskis was examined by the great cat-shows Fife judge Eric Rejiers. He let Muskis hide in his armpit when he sat and wrote the protocole...

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Oliver's favorite time of day (or at least before I broke my #$% foot) was post-workout. He loves him a sweaty momma! Emma also is a foot-licker, which I think is a variation on the same theme.
I can relate to that!
Molly loves me when I've been doing some hard work - 'armpit is just right' in her eyes!
She will also lick my feet!!