what am i doing wrong???

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stoli will not stop meowing. This happens every week or so. He just constantly meows. He's been fixed, he's been fed, he's been petted, he's been out to enjoy the bugs, he's been held, his litter's been cleaned, what else can i do?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he always been like this ? Does he seem distressed ?
Some kitties are just "talkers" ........ I call Kiko my crybaby ...... he is a constant talker !!!! and has been since he could meow.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Stoli will not stop meowing. This happens every week or so. He just constantly meows. He's been fixed, he's been fed, he's been petted, he's been out to enjoy the bugs, he's been held, his litter's been cleaned, what else can i do?
Have you tried an interactive toy, like a feather stick? Bit used to cry almost every night, until we enrolled him into kitty gymnastics. He will chase the feather stick until he is out of breath, then he will curl up and go to sleep.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it last a long time? I know Autumn will have these spurts once or twice a week where she incessantly meows at the corners of our ceilings. She tries everything possible to get to the ceiling in the corner and she just yowls away at it. We don't understand but maybe she sees something we don't? I hadn't thought about that.. But its always the same spot, I think she thinks its a game as it does not sound distressed but it is very loud for her!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chessy won't stop meowing sometimes, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I think he wants constant attention. He knows where I am at night, but sometimes I have to pick him up and bring him to bed with me for him to stop meowing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well let's see, stoli talks alot everyday. but today he seems over-the-top whiney. I'll try a toy and see if that helps. I know yesterday he was pretty ticked at me as I was working on a paper all day. Could it be a new flavor of food? Maybe he's craving it?

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a russian blue mix and she is pretty talkative too. Just make sure Stoli isn't in some kind of pain. Has he been using the litter box? esp. peeing if it's a male cat. Sometimes crying is a sign they have a urinary blockage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's stopped crying now, i've played with him and fed him and he's napped. i'll keep a look out on the crying. he doesn't seem like he's in pain - he doesn't meow or run away when i 'feel him up'
I'll keep watch.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver is my talkative baby. He'll meow at 3 AM just because we're asleep and not paying attention to him: how dare we! He's gotten a lot better now that he has Emma to chase around and hang out with when we're busy doing other things.
Maybe Stoli needs a sister or brother?