TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Survivor teams to be divide by race?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Survivor teams to be divide by race? - Page 4  

post #91 of 102
I may be wrong but I think you may be too young to have worked with new immigrant refugees from the Vietnam war....not saying that gailluvscats is old mind you!!!!
post #92 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy View Post
I may be wrong but I think you may be too young to have worked with new immigrant refugees from the Vietnam war....not saying that gailluvscats is old mind you!!!!
I was hoping she would pick up on that., I checked her profile she is only 20. Around the age I was assisitng vietnam veterens. Geez, where did the time go??

Now let's get back to the real issue. Who will get canned this week? will it be our vietnamese cowboy? Will the asians throw a challenge to get rid of him?
post #93 of 102
I hope not. I like Cao Boi (even his name is cool). I also thought his teammates were being a little uptight about his jokes. But I can't really put myself in their shoes...

How about that bizarre statement by the metal hispanic guy last show though? That he was in love with Candice and that they "shared" a moment where they both "Mouthed I love you"? What she said when they knew he would be booted off was "well, we love you"...
That was a bit stalker strangeish if you ask me...

That Ozzy guy gets on my nerves but he is the best person to have on your team...so I doubt he will be gone...
post #94 of 102
Oh, I wasn't trying to say I worked with immigrant refugees from the Vietnam war lol. I was only relating my experiences from more recently to contrast that of what gail was saying.


Anyays, I think that Stephannie or the male (I forget his name) from the Hiki tribe will go. second thought would be the kind of funky white girl (names darn it!!) who lost the chickens from the Raro tribe.
post #95 of 102
I saw a commercial yesterday, and it appears the tribes are already going to merge this week.
As far as who gets voted off--on the Hispanic tribe I would love to see Ozzy or JP (is that his name?) gone. I thought both of them were total asses last week. I like the police woman on that tribe; I would have picked her to be the next one gone, but with the merge coming up, who knows?
Cao Boi is my favorite so far, but then again, we haven't really had a chance to "get to know" any of them yet.
On the Caucasian tribe--that goofy girl who let the chickens go (is she the one with the over-the-knee turquoise sox?) should go.
On the black tribe--I wonder if the women will stick together?
But like I said, with a merge coming we've got a whole new ball game.
post #96 of 102
Oh, I don't want them to merge yet. I think they have two many, don't they usually wait until it is down to around ten people? Boy if they merge, don't know who would go. That would cause more loyalty to their original tribe in order to keep their numbers. The best thing then would be for the hispanic and blacks to form and alliance, otherwise they are down in the numbers and will be the first to be picked off.
post #97 of 102
This is only my second time watching a Survivor season so maybe some of you can answer a question...Wouldn't the best strategy be to keep the weaker links (ie the metal hispanic guy) until a bit later in the game when you can forge an alliance with him...and then he would obviously be the "whipping boy" or the most obvious to go towards the end? This seems more logical than getting rid of the weaker links first and keeping tough competitors in the game...
post #98 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy View Post
This is only my second time watching a Survivor season so maybe some of you can answer a question...Wouldn't the best strategy be to keep the weaker links (ie the metal hispanic guy) until a bit later in the game when you can forge an alliance with him...and then he would obviously be the "whipping boy" or the most obvious to go towards the end? This seems more logical than getting rid of the weaker links first and keeping tough competitors in the game...
I think that strategy comes in a little later. For now they need the stronger people to stay in the smaller teams to help gather food and maintain the shelter and things like that. Its hard to keep a lazy person fed and who wants to help feed them if they aren't doing anything to help the tribe out?
post #99 of 102
Don't you imagine they'll just divide them all up at once, not put the 5 member tribes with the 4 member tribes? It will probably be "drop your buffs, draw your new one out of the barrel" (or whatever); totally random. As some weird lawnmower commercial said, "This changes eveything."
post #100 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by libby74 View Post
Don't you imagine they'll just divide them all up at once, not put the 5 member tribes with the 4 member tribes? It will probably be "drop your buffs, draw your new one out of the barrel" (or whatever); totally random. As some weird lawnmower commercial said, "This changes eveything."

That is how they usually do it but this is a whole new ball game with so many tribes and how they have already been divided!
post #101 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy View Post

How about that bizarre statement by the metal hispanic guy last show though? That he was in love with Candice and that they "shared" a moment where they both "Mouthed I love you"? What she said when they knew he would be booted off was "well, we love you"...
That was a bit stalker strangeish if you ask me...
I thought that was weird too.

Also, I thought they should not have thrown the challenge just to get rid of him. If he's not doing work around camp, then don't share your food with him. He's not really a liability if you're not sharing the food, and then when you lose a challenge for real (not on purpose) then there will be an easy target for everyone to vote off.
post #102 of 102
As this thread has degenerated into a mere discussion of current episodes and participants, IMO does not seem to be the proper forum for it. I'm therefore closing it, and recommend that posters open a " 'Survivors' Discussion Thread" in the Cat Lounge. Thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Survivor teams to be divide by race?