TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Everyone has one....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Everyone has one.... - Page 2

post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat View Post
Emily, me too-
I hate when people in enormous vehicles pull all the way past the crosswalk in the left lane especially, because I take pains to take right turns(one of my many ideosyncracies), and on road that have no lights, it's especially awful, because then I have to pull up, but then they pull up, and I feel like stomping up to them and kicking their car, because jeez, their head is above my ENTIRE car, why do they keep pulling up so I can't see?
Wow I didn't know anyone else on here was from Morrisville (or maybe I did and forgot?). I am too but I don't put it in my location because nobody knows where Morrisville is. Anyway, I know what you are talking about and I drive an SUV and always try to stay back when someone is in a car and making a right. I think its inconsiderate of big vehicles to block the view when they can see past the car perfectly fine but not vice versa. Heck SUV's can block other SUV's views and its annoying!
post #32 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Speaking of casheirs, I can't stand when they shove your change at you and say thanks and then start ringing up the next person! I mean, EXCUSE ME!!! Can you hold on a second while I put my money or credit card back in my wallet so I don't lose it??????????????
Yes!!! It happens all the time. I feel as though I'm being shoved along to make way for the next person. Whatever happened to common courtesy?

Jean
meowmy to seven furbabies
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals View Post
Yah I know...but it just sounds SO dirty. It takes a normal word and makes it sound wierd. Along the same lines I don't like the pronunciation of mature as matoor even though it is valid and dosen't sound dirty, it just sounds funny. Hey nobody said pet peeves have to make sense .
True, nobody said they did...
So, I bet you really hate "Uranus" and "pianist" too...
post #34 of 50
My biggest pet peeve is listening to people eat. All thoes yucky noises, be it crunching or just juices...ugh! That is the worst for me!
post #35 of 50
My pet peeve hands down is hearing someone chomp their gum or eat in a sloppy, slurpy manner, or just hearing someone eat at all..crunch, munch..yuck. I absolutely can't stand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochan View Post
People who don't say "goodbye" (or some other word with the same meaning) before they hang up the phone.
I never say goodbye. I don't like the word. Talk to you later or see you later is usually my hang up phrase.
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
I can't stand to touch terra cotta or certain stuffed animals that are too soft.
I can't do that either! I also can't touch velvet.
I hate the sound of forks scraping against people's teeth. I hate it when people cough/sneeze and don't cover it. I don't really like it when people improperly use "their", "there", and "they're", but I can stand it.
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals View Post
I always thought this too but a couple years ago I saw this become a pretty bad accident that luckily had no major injuries. The person made the turn at the yellow light but someone gunned the yellow, causing the turning car to do a 180 and the gunner to veer into me (waiting at the red). The thing is the person turning took the blame and accepted the insurance responsibility when I did not think it was there fault! Since then I wait at the line if I'm turning left so I'm never caught in the middle of the intersection but I wrote on the police report I thought the guy gunned the yellow and was at fault.
When I was in driving school, my driving instructor said to never pull into an intersection like that until you see your opening to turn, just because of that reason. He said (not sure if it is really in the books or anything) that our local police have been known to pulling people over for it...whoa.

My biggest pet peeve is eating non-crunchy food that has crunchy food in it if it was prepared at a restaurant or by someone I don't really know. For instance, I cannot eat lettuce on my hamburger because I don't like the little crunch on my not-crunchy hamburger. Makes me think of (this is gross...sorry!) what it would be like to bite into a bug in your food! Taco salad is a texture nightmare for me! It's never happened to me, but for some reason I have developed this fear. It's also with rice on burritos (no Chipotle for me!)
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeez View Post
It makes me nuts when cashiers give you your paper money then the coins on top as change- it's supposed to be the other way around
-That's one of my pet peeves too!!!! I hate it when they do that!
-I also can't stand the sound of people chewing their nails or "popping" them together to make a weird sound--- uhhhh! It drives me crazy!!!!!!!
-I can't stand people complaing about their animals getting killed or hurt when they leave them outside 24/7 unattended with no form of ID...i've seen too many animals euthanized as a result of runaways without id, or those that have become roadkill...or angry neighbor kill.
-I hate it when children are rude! And when they say "yea" or
"growl" at adults instead of being mannerly and saying "yes ma'am and no ma'am"...I think manners are very important and being polite will go a long way......I hate rudeness. (hehe, ALL of my nieces and nephews have great manners- they even open doors and pull out chairs for people I "trained" them on the manner thing when they lived with me- they're such good kids )
-I really don't like it when people on their bicycles ride out in the middle of the street like they "own" it....and pull out right in front of me when i'm driving!!! UHHHHH! I just want to run them over!! The sidewalk is there for a reason
-I'm sure i could think of more, but those are the ones off the top of my head right now
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
-I really don't like it when people on their bicycles ride out in the middle of the street like they "own" it....and pull out right in front of me when i'm driving!!! UHHHHH! I just want to run them over!! The sidewalk is there for a reason
-I'm sure i could think of more, but those are the ones off the top of my head right now
Actually one of my pet peeves is just the opposite. As a pedestrian, the sidewalk is for pedestrians only and I hate getting sideswiped or almost run over by bikers that aren't even supposed to be there. They are supposed to ride on the roadway.

It's the law in your state too. Quoted from the Tennessee Driver's Manual:
Quote:
Code 1981, 14-125 sec 102-106
No person shall drive any VEHICLE upon a sidewalk....

Code 1981, 14-281 sec 102-262
No person shall stop, stand or park a VEHICLE on a sidewalk.
(TN Code allows bicycles to be parked on a sidewalk IF it does
not impede the normal and reasonable movement of pedestridans
or other traffic or such parking is not prohibited by ordinance.)
A lot of people don't realize this though. I didn't until a couple of years ago. And of course this doesn't excuse them for just pulling out in front of you like they own the road. How rude.
post #40 of 50
*grins*

I HATE gladwrap (I think it's called clingfilm in other countries) It's so horribly hard to use, it STICKS to itself and I end up wasting heaps, and then you can't use it again so it just goes straight to landfill *grrr*

Gum under tables and chairs...ugh

People who throw litter on the ground. It annoys me so, so much I have to go and pick it up.

People who lowride! Can't they understand people just don't want to see their butt crack / boxers!! Guys in my class wear jeans practically round their knees...it's really gross!

And the boy in my class who always asks to go to the toilet!!! It' SO ANNOYING!! We're 16/17, not kindergarten! Just leave!!!!

And the pelvic-thrust smiley well, it's not actually annoying, just kinda funny...dodgy...

What is so annoying about having change on top of notes?? I've never even noticed how cashiers give you money!
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten View Post
*grins*

I HATE gladwrap (I think it's called clingfilm in other countries) It's so horribly hard to use, it STICKS to itself and I end up wasting heaps, and then you can't use it again so it just goes straight to landfill *grrr*
Try this plastic wrap: http://www.alcoa.com/reynoldskitchen...7&prod_id=1796

This invention has saved me from many a plastic wrap temper tantrum. It costs a little more but it takes me ages to use an entire box so why not?
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post
Actually one of my pet peeves is just the opposite. As a pedestrian, the sidewalk is for pedestrians only and I hate getting sideswiped or almost run over by bikers that aren't even supposed to be there. They are supposed to ride on the roadway.

It's the law in your state too. Quoted from the Tennessee Driver's Manual:


A lot of people don't realize this though. I didn't until a couple of years ago. And of course this doesn't excuse them for just pulling out in front of you like they own the road. How rude.
Yes! They are rude! And i definitely know what you mean by getting run over by bikers on the sidewalk- i used to run out in Cordova (a tiny city incorporated by memphis) a lot....and on the areas alloted for runners, the bikers would maul me over...Now they were supposed to be on the sidewalk in that area- but they could have at least been courteous and yelled "sidewalk" or "excuse me". In Bartlett, they are supposed to ride on the sidewalk. In Germantown they are supposed to ride on the street, but move over for traffic (both are cities outside of memphis. literally,just down the road). The Tennessee Drivers Manual isn't enforced in each part of TN.Memphis cops have begun issuing heavy amounts of citations for j-walkers and cycilists who do not yield to cars with the right of way (My boyfriend's a Bartlett cop, i get all of the juicy stories). Each city is allowed to pass their own ordinances. It's gotten soo bad about bikes pulling out into rush hour trafic that some people recieve citations. It really scares me, i'm always afraid i'll hit some idiot who thinks their Huffy can go as fast as my Mercury. So while the manuel is there to serve as a state guideline....it is enforced differently throughout each city in TN usually, than as a TN state standard.
post #43 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka View Post
My biggest pet peeve is eating non-crunchy food that has crunchy food in it if it was prepared at a restaurant or by someone I don't really know. For instance, I cannot eat lettuce on my hamburger because I don't like the little crunch on my not-crunchy hamburger. Makes me think of (this is gross...sorry!) what it would be like to bite into a bug in your food! Taco salad is a texture nightmare for me! It's never happened to me, but for some reason I have developed this fear. It's also with rice on burritos (no Chipotle for me!)
I suffer from this a little bit too- but not to that extreme! I have a hard time with pasta & potato salads... all the nice squishy noodles and soft potatos and then BAM crunchy veggies?! I don't think so- I pick them all out!

As for the coins on top of the money... technically when you count back change you start with the coins then go on to the paper money which cashiers would have to do if they didn't have a big huge calculator/register telling them how much money to give you back.

It just makes it awkward for you to hold on to your money while you're trying to put it away, especially in the drive-thru! Sometimes if the cashier is snotty or if I'm in the right mood I will just let the change slide off and give them a look like this is your fault! Evil, yes- but do I care? No!
post #44 of 50
It's the cashiers for me! Yeah, I'm superwoman, I can pick up my shopping, put my change away, put my purse in my bag, all in a split second!
And why do they give you a dirty look when you say you don't want a receipt for a 25p purchase!
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra View Post
I never say goodbye. I don't like the word. Talk to you later or see you later is usually my hang up phrase.
That's why I said "or some other word with the same meaning"-- I meant people who don't say ANY final word that lets you know they're about to hang up: Goodbye, Seeya, Later, Talk to you later(that's what I usually say), Bye, Ciao, Hasta Luego, or any other word. They just hang up!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka View Post
My biggest pet peeve is eating non-crunchy food that has crunchy food in it if it was prepared at a restaurant or by someone I don't really know. For instance, I cannot eat lettuce on my hamburger because I don't like the little crunch on my not-crunchy hamburger. Makes me think of (this is gross...sorry!) what it would be like to bite into a bug in your food! Taco salad is a texture nightmare for me! It's never happened to me, but for some reason I have developed this fear. It's also with rice on burritos (no Chipotle for me!)
Oh, yes! I forgot about this one... I get nauseous if I am biting into something like a burger and it goes "crunch." *gag*
For some reason pickles don't bother me, but if it's something like diced onions in there, ugh... I think that's why I don't like onions in general-- the crunch. I like the taste of onions but I don't like pieces of onions. Another example of this would be onion dip. I love dip but when I made it from packaged mix I strain out the onion pieces so the dip is smooth... No gross little crunchy things.
post #46 of 50
people on bikes in san francisco - because there was this big thing about bike riders rights, and theyre demanding their rights, which is fine-but ive yet to see a bike rider follow theh rules of the road! they run red lights CONSTANTLY, turn where theres no turn-they basically do whatever the hell they want. it really irritates me.

when you get your change and tdhey just put iton the counter instead of putting it in your hand-especially if you're busy or theres a long line in back of you-wouldnt it be faster to just put it in my hand? when they put it on the counter im left scrabbling for nickles and dimes and it takes forever and just...grrr. how hard is it to just drop it in my hand? you dont even have to touch this person, just drop it there.

ppl who dont take care of their animals, and instead come on the board and ask whats wrong, as if we can help their animal down the modem line. TAKE IT TO THE VET. gosh..is there even a question? if i thought Wonner was ill i'd be on the phone to the vet..i wouldnt waste time booting up my puter, writing out a post, asking ppl...whats the point? if its something very mild, ok, i understand...but things like "he's vomiting constantly" or "he cant use his right hind leg". we dont know what that is. TAKE HIM TO THE VET!!!! criminey, that makes me angry.

ppl who dont really listen, they just wait for their turn to speak.
post #47 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochan View Post
That's why I said "or some other word with the same meaning"-- I meant people who don't say ANY final word that lets you know they're about to hang up: Goodbye, Seeya, Later, Talk to you later(that's what I usually say), Bye, Ciao, Hasta Luego, or any other word. They just hang up!
I misunderstood you too- but now that I know what you mean I just wanna say a BIG HECK YA!

Another thing that drives me crazy is when I'm at work on the phone with a customer and you're not sure if their still there. I'm not sure how to explain it (and this will be the biggest run on sentence) but it's like the conversation has been kind of odd the entire time and some how you end up not saying "bye" or something at the end- so you both sit there just silent for a few seconds and by then it's been too long so you'll sound weird if you say something, so someone just hangs up.

I hate that!
post #48 of 50
Someone rustling a paper chip bag.And then chomping them crunch crunch! I feel like grabbing the bag out of their hands and stomping on the bag
post #49 of 50
Quote:
I suffer from this a little bit too- but not to that extreme! I have a hard time with pasta & potato salads... all the nice squishy noodles and soft potatos and then BAM crunchy veggies?! I don't think so- I pick them all out!
Haha....BAM crunchy veggies. I actually laughed out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochan View Post
I get nauseous if I am biting into something like a burger and it goes "crunch." *gag*
For some reason pickles don't bother me, but if it's something like diced onions in there, ugh... I think that's why I don't like onions in general-- the crunch. I like the taste of onions but I don't like pieces of onions. Another example of this would be onion dip. I love dip but when I made it from packaged mix I strain out the onion pieces so the dip is smooth... No gross little crunchy things.
I'm glad it's not just me!

BAM!
post #50 of 50
people in class who go out and tell personal stories if the teachers asks a question(pertaining to the class). they talk forever! and never understand that people do not want to hear their life story!

I use to work in retail and people who talk on their cell as I was ringing them up.

In stores people with a lot of kids that let them roam around the store. That is not only dangerous but very annoying when they are destroying the aisles.

I have not been to the mall in a while but when people walking in front of you stop dead in their tracks and you almost run into them.

When I say excuse me and PEOPLE DONT MOVE!!!!

People that dont signal when they change lanes!
People that zoom in and out of lanes really fast. Makes me nervous and angry, someday I will see a crash.

When Hendrix starts to chew paper while Im sleep to get attention, or to let me know shes hungry.

When joplin begs for food! Like jumps on my lap numorous times.

People hogging college computers for hours looking at their myspace. My school blocked the site because of this. But I noticed today they unblocked it.

I have dreadlocks, have had them for almost 13 years. It bugs me when COMPLETE strangers touch my hair and think I can't feel it.

Edit: foods that are sweet that seem like they should not be sweet, beans, bbq sauce things like they.

I will probably be back with more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Everyone has one....