Pregnant Reilly....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of you know the story about Reilly and being pregnant.
She's doing very well, gettins big as a house
So I thought I would post a couple pics of her...
Sleeping...(she does this ALOT now)

Not amused at being woke up by the flash

In this one you can see the baby pudge she has now

Here's link of the story about Reilly
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96266

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
When I first saw the thread, and I saw Miss Mew's name as the last person to post I started wondering how Reilly got pregnant. Isn't Reilly a boy??

Oops. I was thinking of the wrong Reilly

She's really cute... I like that stage when the baby tummy just starts to show up, that's so cute (both in humans and kitties). Can't wait to see the little kittens!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read Reilley's story and all I can say is WOW! She is an adorable kitty too and will be a great mom to the new kittens.

kmkelly127

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read Reilly's story -- and just wanna say that's crazy! I'm anxious -- as I'm sure we all are -- to hear what the outcome is!

There's a vet in my area that I think is a quack as well -- Long story short - I picked up a "stray" a few months ago and called the local vets to find out if they had had a calico cat in for work recently, because she had a large incision in her belly (from the middle of her front legs to the middle of her back legs). I took her in to the vet who had had a calico in most recently, because I wanted her tested for FeLV and FIV since I had other cats at home, plus to see if she had a microchip and to make sure her incision was healing properly. The vet didn't seem all that interested, and tried talking me into getting her shots -- she obviously had been to a vet recently therefore would have had her shots, so I passed. I already had put $100 into this cat just in a check-up and testing.

I did find the owner, and when she came to get her, she said the large incision was the result of a botched spay from the vet I took her to! The stitches weren't tight, and she bled for a day or two -- the vet brushed her owner off saying that everything should be fine when she called to question if this was normal. After like 2 or 3 days, her owner woke up and found that some internal organs were protruding from the incision. She rushed her to a vet hospital about a half hour away (the regular vet is closed on fridays and saturdays - with no emergency hotlines), who told her that they had to fix the spay and that it wasn't done correctly. Needless to say, the entire process cost her almost $800. When she questioned the old vet about what happened, he told her that the cat probably pulled the stitches and that it wasn't a result of anything they did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kmkelly127

I just read Reilly's story -- and just wanna say that's crazy! I'm anxious -- as I'm sure we all are -- to hear what the outcome is!

There's a vet in my area that I think is a quack as well -- Long story short - I picked up a "stray" a few months ago and called the local vets to find out if they had had a calico cat in for work recently, because she had a large incision in her belly (from the middle of her front legs to the middle of her back legs). I took her in to the vet who had had a calico in most recently, because I wanted her tested for FeLV and FIV since I had other cats at home, plus to see if she had a microchip and to make sure her incision was healing properly. The vet didn't seem all that interested, and tried talking me into getting her shots -- she obviously had been to a vet recently therefore would have had her shots, so I passed. I already had put $100 into this cat just in a check-up and testing.

I did find the owner, and when she came to get her, she said the large incision was the result of a botched spay from the vet I took her to! The stitches weren't tight, and she bled for a day or two -- the vet brushed her owner off saying that everything should be fine when she called to question if this was normal. After like 2 or 3 days, her owner woke up and found that some internal organs were protruding from the incision. She rushed her to a vet hospital about a half hour away (the regular vet is closed on fridays and saturdays - with no emergency hotlines), who told her that they had to fix the spay and that it wasn't done correctly. Needless to say, the entire process cost her almost $800. When she questioned the old vet about what happened, he told her that the cat probably pulled the stitches and that it wasn't a result of anything they did.
I can't believe people can get away with this!

I haven't heard anything yet from anyone.. I was told it might take a few weeks...So in the mean time I'm just focusing on Reilly and her expected babies. I think she's gonna be an awesome momma.. She's due in about 3 weeks is what the NEW vet said... She went in this morning and she's right on time with everything and gaining the weight she should be.
Next week they might do an ultrasound to see exactly how many there are.. They estimated 4-5 but today he heard what he thought was 6 heartbeats.. She wasn't very patient with the vet
He had to put gloves on to touch her belly but then again I've ALWAYS had to steer clear of her belly... dont wanna lose an arm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Do you have any idea who the proud papa is???
Oh yeah, I have an idea! It's a solid black stray. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks...(deadbeat dad
) But he's beautiful. Him and Tiger aren't too keen on each other.. they sit on the fence and exchange words all the time
Wonder if Tiger was lecturing him about messin with his little sister?
and how he better take responsibility?

I have a feeling we're gonna have a whole bunch of black kitties!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Oh yeah, I have an idea! It's a solid black stray. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks...(deadbeat dad
) But he's beautiful. Him and Tiger aren't too keen on each other.. they sit on the fence and exchange words all the time
Wonder if Tiger was lecturing him about messin with his little sister?
and how he better take responsibility?

I have a feeling we're gonna have a whole bunch of black kitties!
That and Tuxes..........