TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Pregnant Reilly....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pregnant Reilly....

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Most of you know the story about Reilly and being pregnant.
She's doing very well, gettins big as a house So I thought I would post a couple pics of her...
Sleeping...(she does this ALOT now)


Not amused at being woke up by the flash


In this one you can see the baby pudge she has now



Here's link of the story about Reilly
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96266
post #2 of 12
She is such a darling
post #3 of 12
When I first saw the thread, and I saw Miss Mew's name as the last person to post I started wondering how Reilly got pregnant. Isn't Reilly a boy??

Oops. I was thinking of the wrong Reilly

She's really cute... I like that stage when the baby tummy just starts to show up, that's so cute (both in humans and kitties). Can't wait to see the little kittens!
post #4 of 12
I just read Reilley's story and all I can say is WOW! She is an adorable kitty too and will be a great mom to the new kittens.
post #5 of 12
She looks lovely...........how much longer do you think she has??
post #6 of 12
I just read Reilly's story -- and just wanna say that's crazy! I'm anxious -- as I'm sure we all are -- to hear what the outcome is!

There's a vet in my area that I think is a quack as well -- Long story short - I picked up a "stray" a few months ago and called the local vets to find out if they had had a calico cat in for work recently, because she had a large incision in her belly (from the middle of her front legs to the middle of her back legs). I took her in to the vet who had had a calico in most recently, because I wanted her tested for FeLV and FIV since I had other cats at home, plus to see if she had a microchip and to make sure her incision was healing properly. The vet didn't seem all that interested, and tried talking me into getting her shots -- she obviously had been to a vet recently therefore would have had her shots, so I passed. I already had put $100 into this cat just in a check-up and testing.

I did find the owner, and when she came to get her, she said the large incision was the result of a botched spay from the vet I took her to! The stitches weren't tight, and she bled for a day or two -- the vet brushed her owner off saying that everything should be fine when she called to question if this was normal. After like 2 or 3 days, her owner woke up and found that some internal organs were protruding from the incision. She rushed her to a vet hospital about a half hour away (the regular vet is closed on fridays and saturdays - with no emergency hotlines), who told her that they had to fix the spay and that it wasn't done correctly. Needless to say, the entire process cost her almost $800. When she questioned the old vet about what happened, he told her that the cat probably pulled the stitches and that it wasn't a result of anything they did.
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkelly127 View Post
I just read Reilly's story -- and just wanna say that's crazy! I'm anxious -- as I'm sure we all are -- to hear what the outcome is!

There's a vet in my area that I think is a quack as well -- Long story short - I picked up a "stray" a few months ago and called the local vets to find out if they had had a calico cat in for work recently, because she had a large incision in her belly (from the middle of her front legs to the middle of her back legs). I took her in to the vet who had had a calico in most recently, because I wanted her tested for FeLV and FIV since I had other cats at home, plus to see if she had a microchip and to make sure her incision was healing properly. The vet didn't seem all that interested, and tried talking me into getting her shots -- she obviously had been to a vet recently therefore would have had her shots, so I passed. I already had put $100 into this cat just in a check-up and testing.

I did find the owner, and when she came to get her, she said the large incision was the result of a botched spay from the vet I took her to! The stitches weren't tight, and she bled for a day or two -- the vet brushed her owner off saying that everything should be fine when she called to question if this was normal. After like 2 or 3 days, her owner woke up and found that some internal organs were protruding from the incision. She rushed her to a vet hospital about a half hour away (the regular vet is closed on fridays and saturdays - with no emergency hotlines), who told her that they had to fix the spay and that it wasn't done correctly. Needless to say, the entire process cost her almost $800. When she questioned the old vet about what happened, he told her that the cat probably pulled the stitches and that it wasn't a result of anything they did.
I can't believe people can get away with this!
I haven't heard anything yet from anyone.. I was told it might take a few weeks...So in the mean time I'm just focusing on Reilly and her expected babies. I think she's gonna be an awesome momma.. She's due in about 3 weeks is what the NEW vet said... She went in this morning and she's right on time with everything and gaining the weight she should be.
Next week they might do an ultrasound to see exactly how many there are.. They estimated 4-5 but today he heard what he thought was 6 heartbeats.. She wasn't very patient with the vet He had to put gloves on to touch her belly but then again I've ALWAYS had to steer clear of her belly... dont wanna lose an arm!
post #8 of 12
Do you have any idea who the proud papa is???
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Do you have any idea who the proud papa is???
Oh yeah, I have an idea! It's a solid black stray. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks...(deadbeat dad ) But he's beautiful. Him and Tiger aren't too keen on each other.. they sit on the fence and exchange words all the time Wonder if Tiger was lecturing him about messin with his little sister? and how he better take responsibility?
I have a feeling we're gonna have a whole bunch of black kitties!
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Oh yeah, I have an idea! It's a solid black stray. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks...(deadbeat dad ) But he's beautiful. Him and Tiger aren't too keen on each other.. they sit on the fence and exchange words all the time Wonder if Tiger was lecturing him about messin with his little sister? and how he better take responsibility?
I have a feeling we're gonna have a whole bunch of black kitties!
That and Tuxes..........
post #11 of 12
Reilly, you are a beauty! Good luck being a momma.

(Good luck to you, too, DixieDarlin!)
post #12 of 12
That little belly is prescious! She's going to be such a good mommy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Pregnant Reilly....