different purring sound

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the baby kitten (almost 3 months now) loves to cuddle and fall asleep with us, when we re petting her she purrs a lot but sometimes it turns into this weird sound, the best way i can describe is it sounds like flipper the dolphin or porpoise, not sure what he was but anyway it sounds like that! is that a deeper version of purring? is it good? ive never heard a cat make that sound before, its very cute! the way it sounds to me makes me think its like a happier version of purring.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

the baby kitten (almost 3 months now) loves to cuddle and fall asleep with us, when we re petting her she purrs a lot but sometimes it turns into this weird sound, the best way i can describe is it sounds like flipper the dolphin or porpoise, not sure what he was but anyway it sounds like that! is that a deeper version of purring? is it good? ive never heard a cat make that sound before, its very cute! the way it sounds to me makes me think its like a happier version of purring.
Just as we have different voice pitches, so do kitties.

When Abby's motor gets going she her purr sounds like a blend of purring and cooing like a pigeon. It's almost a "thrill" type sound.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo has several different purrs. Her loudest sounds like an outboard motor and her gentle one is barely audible and sounds like breathing trouble. I would not worry about it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh! Chynna loves to have her nose rubbed/scratched. All along the top from tip to between the eyes, down the sides, and even the very front part where her nostrils are down to her top lip. She closes her eyes and purrs up a storm, and the front part of her nose gets ice cold and moist. I know she's one happy kitty when that happens,

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Villy has a kind of 'super purr' it's when she's reeeeally happy, she purrs really loudly.