Has your kitty ever fallen in the toilet??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just out of curiosity, have any of you ever had a kitty fall in the toilet before??? If so, what happened when they fell in??? My abilene sleeps in the bathroom on the top shelf above the toilet, and one time when my boyfriend was over, he flushed and forgot to put down the seat- about 5 minutes after he left the bathroom, i heard a blood renching cry for meowmy....so i ran in to investigate...and low and behold, Abilene was sitting in the toilet with the most petrified look on her face
. Needless to say she got a bath and some tuna fish after her horrible ordeal. I don't think she's ever forgive Colin for that
Now when he comes over he always puts the seat down and even bring a laser pointer over for abilene to play with ....what a suck up lol
Since her horrible ordeal, Abilene usually looks before she leaps now lol

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was so bad for Spaz that my mom put a post-it on the inside of the lid:
"Close lid, cat swims"

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No silly shenanigans with Chasey and the toilet. I'm very lucky.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lucky did that when she was a little thing. She would love to run up and job on the lid of the toilet to watch my put on my make-up in the morning. Well one time the lid wasn't down (my bad! :p) and she came running up, slid on the tile and jumped.....right into the toilet, but i swear as soon as she hit the water she almost levitated out of the bowl, turned 180 degrees and took off down the hall (all without her feet seeming to touch the ground!) If only i'd had a camera!

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL poor kitty
my susie has been caught drinking from toilet
but has not fell in YET!
she sleeps in bath room a lot in sink
drinks water from shower

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guinevere (RB kitty) had the habit of running into the bathroom ahead of you so she could sit on the edge of the tub. She knew you would be sitting for a moment and she could get some petting! In getting to the tub she would run across the toilet (lid was always down).

One day she had already fallen into the mop bucket (I had to give her a bath afterward - it would have to be dirty mop water!). I walked into the bathroom and had the toilet lid up before she ran in. Wellllll, she got another bath because someone forgot to flush.

scuffy&samantha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When scuffy was really young, he went with me in the bathroom all the time. When I flush the toilet he was really curious what is going on and have to look on the toilet bowl.

One time, my husband forgot to put the toilet seat down,
I saw scuffy just left the bathroom and there was a paw prints.
After that I haven't seen him looking on the toilet bowl anymore.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bathroom next out bedroom always has pawprints from bakker!!! Yrs ago when I had sheba as a kitten she fell in-that was the last time!
Bakker just loves watching the toilet after its been flushed too.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No toilet accidents but we do have an turtle pond located in the cat enclosure that they have taken an accidental dip. Talk about one smelly kitty.
They come through the cat door looking shell shocked. We are planning to remove the pond to outside.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These stories are priceless!

Ophelia was only about 3-4 months old when she had a toilet experience. She was exploring, as kittens do, and discovered the toilet. She carefully hopped up on the lid and was investigating what was inside the bowl, inching down carefully with her front paws, keeping her back paws on the lid. Trent, being a little stinker, saw her little butt sticking up and just couldn't resist! He came running into the bathroom, smacked Ophelia on the butt causing her to slide into the toilet, turned around and high-tailed it out of there! I could have sworn I heard him laughing!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in the toilet, but Bit did fall in the shower once. I had to replace the liner, it looked like someone had sent it through a paper shredder.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't had to many issues. I think Hope did the levitate out of the toilet trick when we forgot to put it down once. But for the most part we are pretty good about it.

HOWEVER, recently I was feeding the fish and got distracted and left the lid up. The cats like to jump from the pen to the top of the fish tank (46G). A neighbor came over and we were talking when we heard a huge splash! We are talking TOTAL submersion... How she landed just right to go through the open lid I have no idea but she went completely in. I also have plants in the tank and little floaty green mossbit and she was covered in mossbit. Of course she was out in the blink of an eye but she generated such a wave, teh sofa, blanket, wall, and recliner were all wet. Poor baby, very traumatized. Would that stop her behavior though? No, as far as I can tell she still jumps to the fish tank.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by deelynn

LOL poor kitty
my susie has been caught drinking from toilet
but has not fell in YET!
she sleeps in bath room a lot in sink
drinks water from shower
Everytime I see you type Susie, I think of me!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the only one that I can ever remember doing it was Simon, he used to race me to the toilet and jump on it before I got there, which is why I always closed the lid
but one day I got there first, but he apparently thought he would still try to beat me, i had, however, already lifted the lid

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scully did once when we first got him and got his butt stuck in there too, trying to get him back out was not fun (think 30lb kitty who is not used to being handled and scared from being stuck), its funny now but wasn't at the time.

Boomer has had some near slips and likes to drink from the toilet so the lid is kept closed now

I think all of them have fallen into the bath tub when they come in to chat while I take a bath

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Numerous times when Viola was a kitten! You'd think it would only take one time to scare her away from the toliet. I had to leave a note on the lid for my catsitter.