I got stung again!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here I am weeding in one of my perennial gardens and I feel a now familar sting on my right uppper arm-yes another wasp sting. I calmly get up and have DH checl to make sure stinger is gone. Then I go back to where I was weeding to examine area. Sue enough another nest!! When we bought out house the home owner used alot of railroad ties and this outline my bed which is in the middle of my circle driveway. I get out the wasp spray and the seven poweder and douse the holes in the railroad ties.
There were about 15 wasp flying around the holes in the ties. I'll check tomorrow to see how successful I was in eliminating them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually my dad used to be a beekeeper as a hobby and had the hat part at least. But being in that peri-menipause stage I would roast in something like that.
Good thing I took an antihistamine this morning-but its the tender part of my upperarm-OUCH!!!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not the wasps hate soap bubbles. It's like being hit with a wet flying Empire State Building.
I'd get a bubble machine for the garden, or get a friend to blow bubbles while I was working in the garden. I've used Pustefix bubbles during picnics and friends find this charming as well as practical.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to put myself in a bubble!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you lots of hugs & vibes!!!!! Be careful with those wasp stings...if you show any signs of an allergic reaction, get to the hospital

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So did I!! But I got into a yellow jackets nest while mowing. Doggone things!! Right below my ankle bone!! Now it's looking like a giant ankle zit...even tho I used alcohol and perozide!! I won't have to worry about that nest anymore...I doused it with gas and set them ablaze!! They get me every summer!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I won't have to worry about that nest anymore...I doused it with gas and set them ablaze!!!!!
Lol, that made my morning! Hehe, and people think i'm a closet pyro
-My "fire! fire! fire! thread should explaine that
. We should have a bonfire sometime!!!! What part of TN are you from? I'm from Memphis.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96816

scuffy&samantha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haven't been stung by the bee. I heard a girl next door last year, she was screaming out loud cause she got stung. I heard it was bad, and I don't want to get stung.

Sorry..

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke with my mom this am and she read that you are supposed to squeeze lemoon juice on the area??? I checked this morning where the next "was" I only saw one moving around so I squirted the area again!!
This may sound bad as wasps in general aren't too bad to have arund but... I have potential clients come over to see my gardens and its becomes a liability issue at that point for me.
Talk about pyro.....when we bought the 2 acres next to us a few yrs ago when got to burn the house down (volunteer fire dept on hand) DH the consumate pyro got to light the match!!!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They have wasp traps at stores. They work pretty well.
I had to use them in my yard. Ugh I hate wasps.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Lol, that made my morning! Hehe, and people think i'm a closet pyro
-My "fire! fire! fire! thread should explaine that
. We should have a bonfire sometime!!!! What part of TN are you from? I'm from Memphis.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96816
Hey,Starry! I read your thread!!
I'm all for a good bonfire....I'm just east of Knoxville. Bring some marshmallow's and give me a holler if you're ever on this side!!