Just curious do kittens usually turn out like mom or dad?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With dogs i noticed most puppyies turn out more like the mother in behavour and looks but is it the same with cats?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats Easy in my siggy and the other 4 are her babies ..... altho its hard to tell .......they all have the same eye shape and make similar faces in expressing themselves. But other than that, to me they do not look alike.

And behavior wise ........ all of them are completely different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow you have some beautiful cat family! is the mother still the bossy?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

wow you have some beautiful cat family! is the mother still the bossy?
Aww Thank you !!!

Mom is most definitely the big boss !!! Tino is a close second ..... but he shows complete respect to her. They all do ......

xxmistyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hiya, my cat misty has just had a litter of 3 kittens and they all have the same colour has her, although one is all grey like misty's brother, Shadow(RIP) therefore we have named him Junior as a tribute. none are like the father just yet but they are only 5 days old so true colours are yet to show!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never really paid attention - I raised rexes for show quality/standards and personality was 2nd. But in general, the boys were more outgoing and people friendly then the females. Yet all were raised the same.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are just like human kids: you never know what you're going to get in terms of looks and personality! Sometimes, a kitten will be a "clone" of their mom or dad. More often than not, they will be their own unique "combo" and have their own distinct purr-sonality!