Brody in the car

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I snapped a couple of pictures of Brody riding around in my fiance's truck with us the other day. He is so funny the way he sits in the seat and looks out the window. He is like a little person.

As usual, please excuse the quality of the pics. I used the camera phone

This is just a random picture I took of him waking up from under the covers on the bed. I woke up from a nap a couple of weeks ago (when I was sick from my cat bite) and found him laying there. Normally he isn't allowed in the bed to sleep because that's Dori's territory!
It's hard to get mad at him when he has that look on his face though!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It warms my heart Tanya to know that even though you are a confirmed cat person...
you made room in you life for Brody.
He is such a love.

Stay cool Dori...
You will always be the head of household.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I just love his face!!!
He does have a look of such stubbornness to him though.
You notice that too? He is the most stubborn dog I have ever seen!
For example, last weekend I was trying to get him to go outside and use the bathroom so I could go to bed. He gave me this stubborn look that said "I am not going out there", and walked away and got into his bed. I was so frustrated with him that I picked him up, complete with the bed and carried it out into the yard and put it down. I showed him!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

You notice that too? He is the most stubborn dog I have ever seen!
For example, last weekend I was trying to get him to go outside and use the bathroom so I could go to bed. He gave me this stubborn look that said "I am not going out there", and walked away and got into his bed. I was so frustrated with him that I picked him up, complete with the bed and carried it out into the yard and put it down. I showed him!
Yep you should him who was boss all right!!

Our dog Scoobie is so stubborn. She is a Bassett Hound and doesn't do ANYTHING without a treat first! This dog is food motivated! She won't even get out of bed in the morning without a dog biscuit. You can try picking her up and putting her on her feet but she will just roll right over.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yep you should him who was boss all right!!

Our dog Scoobie is so stubborn. She is a Bassett Hound and doesn't do ANYTHING without a treat first! This dog is food motivated! She won't even get out of bed in the morning without a dog biscuit. You can try picking her up and putting her on her feet but she will just roll right over.
Oh my gosh! That is soooo Brody. In the morning, when I get up, I put him in the bed with my fiance. That's the only time I really let him sleep in the bed. About an hour later my fiance gets up and gets ready and Brody stays in bed and acts like he is a king. He won't get off the bed on his own for anything. When we pick him up and put him on the floor, he rolls over and sticks his legs in the air!
I have never given him treats during that time, because I thought I would be rewarding him. But maybe it would be worth avoiding the hassle

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you think it is possible that Brody is training you Tanya?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Do you think it is possible that Brody is training you Tanya?
No! I have shown him who's the boss in our house

I think

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could that dog be any more relaxed!?? He's found the perfect home Squirt, and it looks like you've found the perfect pooch! Give him xoxo from me!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Oh my gosh! That is soooo Brody. In the morning, when I get up, I put him in the bed with my fiance. That's the only time I really let him sleep in the bed. About an hour later my fiance gets up and gets ready and Brody stays in bed and acts like he is a king. He won't get off the bed on his own for anything. When we pick him up and put him on the floor, he rolls over and sticks his legs in the air!
I have never given him treats during that time, because I thought I would be rewarding him. But maybe it would be worth avoiding the hassle
It is totally the worst habit to start.
I just don't want the hassle of picking her up and sliding her down the hallway and out the back door every morning to take care of business.
She is just WAY to heavy at 55 pounds. I would have to literally slide her down the hallway and out the door. We have tried just letting her sleep until we leave for work but that was a joke. She still wasn't ready.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It is totally the worst habit to start.
I just don't want the hassle of picking her up and sliding her down the hallway and out the back door every morning to take care of business.
She is just WAY to heavy at 55 pounds. I would have to literally slide her down the hallway and out the door. We have tried just letting her sleep until we leave for work but that was a joke. She still wasn't ready.
We let Brody stay in bed until we were ready to walk out the door this morning. He was under the covers and seemed to think we had forgotten about him being there

He only weighs 22 pounds, so he can be picked up easily. I can imagine you sliding your dog down the hallway each morning

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have tile down the hallway into the kitchen so it has been done before.
The only time she moves is for food or if you ask her if she is ready for bed.