My 3 week old kitten won't stop crying

luvlytremor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Three days ago I was given a 3 week old kitten. I'm very worried because she won't nurse from the bottle or even try the formula. She just cries and cries. I've looked everywhere for info on what to do, since she won't urinate or poop either. In three days all she's done is cry and sleep. Only once did she eat a tiny piece of cheese. I don't know what else to do. Could someone help?

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it hasnt easten in 3 days i might put a call into the vet her blood sugar is prob a little low and they could tell u how to help that. That might also help stimulate her appititte. What happened to the mom or why they giving them away so early? Is it possible to take it back to its momma?

scuns68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was in the same situation about 2 weeks ago, you can follow up on my post " 3week old kitten". He wouldn't eat. What I end up doing after being advised by the vet is mixing AD canfood with kitten formula and feeding him with a syrenge. This guy is now almost twice the size he was before. AD cat food is only available at your vet. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvlytremor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your replies, I'm happy to say that my kitten is finally eating her formula (I bought her a new one) and she lovesss it! She used her litter box too. I can't take her back to her momma because the owner doesn't want the kittens and that's why he was giving them away. Now after she takes her bottle she goes right to her box, and then to sleep; she seems happy, not crying anymore.

michelle mayall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
really pleased your kittie is so contented now it will be all worth it in the end i only had to fed my babies for 2-3 dys it nearly killed me has your kittie got a name yet ? mine still arent using the litter box they seem so tiny

luvlytremor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Dali and she's starting to play and run around, she's so cute when trying to wrap herself around my hand! I got to help her into the litter box 'cause it's too tall for her yet.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this may sound weird , but u can use an oven tray ( new one lol) or anything that is low enough for her , in some place's u can pick up a tiny litter box just for kitten's we have 1 and it is so tiny lol glad everything is going ok now

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can get disposable aluminum pans at the dollar store in shorter heights.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were there more 3 week old babies that were supposed to be given away?

That's so sad. They need thier momma still.
Well you're doing a great job (Minus the cheese
), and thank you for taking this little one in.
Any chance we can see pics?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad when owners are ignorant idiots like that giving kittens away at 3 weeks only... How sad. That is great that you took this one in. I would have taken them all! You have received some good advice so far so good luck!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvlytremor

Thank you so much for your replies, I'm happy to say that my kitten is finally eating her formula (I bought her a new one) and she lovesss it! She used her litter box too. I can't take her back to her momma because the owner doesn't want the kittens and that's why he was giving them away. Now after she takes her bottle she goes right to her box, and then to sleep; she seems happy, not crying anymore.
Glad to hear she's doing better what kind of Formula are you giving the baby?

luvlytremor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There were two other kittens given away.

The formula I'm using is Hartz advanced care. She really likes it. She's gotten bigger too, that makes me happy. Here's a picture of her and one of both of my kitties (they finally get along!)